Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Prototype Sega Dreamcast Zip Drive on eBay

Dream Coder

Quote Originally Posted by VampDude View Post
    I doubt that the $510 it's at now is even close to the reserve, I would say to times that by at least 10.
    I doubt the reserve is set above 1000$. I might end up bidding on it yet ...

edit: alright, well I've been proven wrong (and am now definetly not bidding on it). The high bid is now at 1000$ and reserve has not been met.

bidding is over. high bid is $1,631.02

best the reserve is sumet like $5000.

sum1 should send him a message askin wat price he is willin 2 sell it for?

EDIT: Nvm auction is over...

DCEmu Coder

Quote Originally Posted by wraggster View Post
    what id love to see is the Dreamcast Bios hacking to use a DVD Drive and use that instead of gdroms for a purely homebrew console. can it be done i dont know but a DVD lens isnt expensive but hacking the bios to read DVDs maybe too hard a job ?
    Doing a BIOS hack for a purely purely homebrew DC console is not that hard. With the right tools you can replace the DC BIOS chip with your own. The harder part (at least for me) is to get official games to work...

As i remmember right the GD-ROM drive is ATAPI based so it shouldn't be hard to do a drive hack. Thou, you need to write a driver for it.
    &&
    Don't dream, play DreamCast!!!

DCEmu Coder

Quote Originally Posted by quzar View Post
    As far as everything I've seen shows, you do not need to open the Dreamcast at all, and once the interface is built, you just plug it into any DC.

The BBA and the Modem, are the only two known devices that have glue chips that map the device's PIO into the SH-4 address.
    And if i remmember right the BBA is the only device that uses some type of PCI bus interface if not a true PCI interface/bus.
    &&
    Don't dream, play DreamCast!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by quzar View Post
    I doubt the reserve is set above 1000$. I might end up bidding on it yet ...

edit: alright, well I've been proven wrong (and am now definetly not bidding on it). The high bid is now at 1000$ and reserve has not been met.
    lol, I was right then! (it had a stupidly ridiculous reserve price)

Yeah the item definitely wasn't bought.

And btw who actually thinks they'd have the talent to reverse engineer this thing in a way that would be meaningful to homebrewers.

Indeed unless the guy gives you alot of info on it you won't have much to go from...

Though tech documents are always important. I hope the buyer would release those.

If anyone who truly is trustworthy thinks that perhaps they could do something by winning this hardware.
    Plus release any tech documents related to it, perhaps Wragg or a admin could set up a community donation thing.

I'd love to see any progress to DC homebrew and would happily spare something, if the volunteer really had a plan set forth of what he could do.

DCEmu Newbie

Looks like he's back at it with a relist of the item. Check out the updated link,
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=250181741840

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information