Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Parents in anti-Wii Blaster uproar

Rev Parents in anti-Wii Blaster uproar

Via CVG

The 'games make kids violent' furore has now turned its fiery attention on Nintendo as the company gears up to launch the gun-shaped Wii Blaster Remote attachment.

Angry parents are in fits over Nintendo's decision to release the peripheral for the family-orientated console. "Great, this is what we need," said one furious parent blogger. "Children with guns learning how to aim and shoot. Then we can sit back and wonder what is happening to our country with kids killing kids."

They added: "What's next? Could we make it squirt blood, too?" Well, no because it would go all over the TV and that would be rubbish.

Advertisement:
    "Why don't they enclose an application to the NRA (National Rifle Association) in every box as well? The marketing person who came up with this brain child of an idea should be fired," commented a "very concerned grandparent".

Another said in the US blog: "I think it's irresponsible for Wii to come out with a controller that looks like a gun. What kind of message are we sending as parents when we buy these things for our kids?" If you think it's irresponsible, why would you buy it for your child?

Is it not down to the parent to take responsibility for what games their children own and play?

Funny how complain about something that vaguely looks like a gun, yet no one bats an eye over time crisis 4 and the G-con/
    How bizzare.

Mike..

Parents are completely over reacting about this whole thing. Just because a kid is using a plastic gun shaped device shooting fictional characters doesn't mean they are going to go on a real shooting spree. Its the parents job to choose what their kids play anyway and to let them know whats real and not.

They seem to be over reacting too much!

DCEmu Regular

Parents worried about their children is the biggest BS I've ever heard. All those Parents need to shut the hell up and just deal with it.

Did they ever think that without the cartoon violence and simulation violance that kids/anyone would become boared and try to just kill people in real life? I'm telling ya, Violent Video Games save lives!

wtf the gun is for the resident evil games which are rated m it makes no sense to complain about as its for adults not children. all those stupid parents should just make sure what games their children play so they dont use the gun

Default Are you kidding...

I’ll probably hear backlash for this but as the old saying goes the truth hurts. I love how unintelligent people want to blame the source and not the cause. Meaning (for the slow parents out there) it’s not the toy but the dumb &$$ parenting of these kids. Most, if not all of this can be prevented if the “when I grow up I want to be a parent(s)” of these gun slinging kids would take time to actually listen “not the kind of listening that goes through one ear and out the other” to what their children have to say and what’s going on in their lives. This rarely done act is not a time to pass judgment on them but to just listen and ask how that makes them feel because that’s your first priority to provide Love and guidance. So instead of putting blame on toys, music or anything else you feel like pointing a finger at why don’t you put that mouth of yours into educating other parents on proper parenting and volunteer to help out kids in and around the schools and communities in your area. Clearly these whiners have enough time on there hands. I’ll stop commenting now since stupid people make me sick and I’m feeling nauseous…

Well if the parents are worried about the gun just don't buy it and make sure it only stays with older teens and over.

DCEmu Newbie

seriously parents, if you're that concerned about it, then just don't buy it for your kids. It's as easy as that...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information