Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PSP slim tv out .will it work with "normal" tv?

DCEmu Newbie

Default PSP slim tv out .will it work with "normal" tv?

I found on the internet something called RCA to scart converter.
    I think it would work on any tv with a scart conection.
    If this works we will be able to play psp games on any tv with the component cable!!!!
    I asked on the internet and people says it will work!!! and this "converter" is not very expensive (about 5 €).

No it won't work. the key being "RCA" to scart converter. It is not a component to scart converter. You can get something that will convert a component signal to RFU or RCA but they are hardly cheap ($500+ http://www.avtoolbox.com/avt3190.shtml ) and really why would you want to run your nice widescreen PSP on an old 4/3 tube TV?

because maybe we dont have high def flat screens like some people do. i would love to play psp on my tv but no sony makes the tv out cables only compatible with high def tvs

Well, unfortunately this isn't the answer. I run the PSP on a 32" LCD and it looks pretty rough compared to the sweet PSP screen. I can't imagine how lousy it would look letterboxed onto an old CRT.

DCEmu Newbie

Default It is called YUV RCA to SCART

Here is a image

And I attached another

People is always saying that psp would look bad on a big tv.
    Did anybody play PSX?? the image was not so bad!! and psx has lower resolution (256 x 224)
    than psp!!
    I am not rich I dont want to buy another tv!!

My brother has a lcd (not very big I think 17") and ps2 looks very pixelated on it but is OK, psp should look similar

Ah, that will work, except here's another problem...
    The PSP doesn't display games at full screen through component, infact without picture zoom (which computer monitors or tube TVs don't have) the picture fills only the center of your screen. meaning that the picture will likely be in a tiny box in the middle of your screen. Buy one and post some pics. Good luck with it.

DCEmu Regular

PSP Slim -> PC's TV/video Capture Card -> PC's TV Out -> TV.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by kool hAnd G1mp View Post
    Ah, that will work, except here's another problem...
    The PSP doesn't display games at full screen through component, infact without picture zoom (which computer monitors or tube TVs don't have) the picture fills only the center of your screen. meaning that the picture will likely be in a tiny box in the middle of your screen. Buy one and post some pics. Good luck with it.
    What no full screen
    I saw a video showing the XMB on a tv and they say there are two "modes" one is full screen and the other is the tiny box you say, I thought it was the same for games.
    Then I'll wait for a custom firmware to solve the problem .
    If I try this I'll post.

I live in Spain and here is impossible to find the cable
    maybe next month xD

Quote Originally Posted by dgila View Post
    What no full screen
    I saw a video showing the XMB on a tv and they say there are two "modes" one is full screen and the other is the tiny box you say, I thought it was the same for games.
    Then I'll wait for a custom firmware to solve the problem .
    If I try this I'll post.

I live in Spain and here is impossible to find the cable
    maybe next month xD
    Ya the XMB is full screen, so is the internet browser, because it doesn't matter if you cut them off at the edges, but you can't take a widescreen game and chop the sides off and expect it to be playable. Best case scenario is that you would get big bars at the top and bottom of the screen cutting out nearly half of the screen like when you hook up a DVD player playing a 1.33:1 widescreen video to a tube TV. Worst case (and most likely IMHO) would be that the picture doesn't even make it to the edge of the screen and you are left with a picture that is in a small 16:9 box in the middle of your screen.
    The only way to get games to fill up the whole screen is to have a widescreen HDTV that has a really good zoom feature. Both my Toshiba and my buddies Samsung 32" LCD HDTVs are less than a year old but neither have a zoom feature good enough to bring the PSPs game images to even the edge of the screen despite both having 5 settings for screen size. They both display games in the middle of the screen, so good luck making it work on an old TV that has no screen zoom and isn't widescreen. :thumbup:

DCEmu Newbie

Angry I hate sony

I dont mind if the image quality is like a psx I want to play the games on full screen

It is stupid to show the xmb on full screen and the games in a tiny window

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information