Thread: Firefox port for PSP ?

Default Firefox port for PSP ?

Hi Folks,

I am pretty new to the whole homebrew scene, but I think it is great. One thing I have noticed is that there does not seem to be an A-Grade Homebrew Browser. I think it would be great if there was a firefox or opera port for the PSP. I have searched and searched and it just doesn't seem to exist. Is there one out there ? If not would any of the developers out there consider giving it a shot ? I'd have a go myself only I think it's probably beyond my programming skills. Maybe we could start petitioning the Mozilla Team to see if they would champion a port ?

Want do you guys think ?

GP2X Coder/Moderator

Opera = no source.
    Firefox = Too much of a memory hog to be useful and you also have to port all the external libraries that it uses.

Dillo is more realistic but again, you need to port all the external libraries it uses (mainly GTK+ or FLTK).

Just as a larf, how realistic is Konqueror? Linux based and has an excellent rendering engine.

GP2X Coder/Moderator

Considering that it is (was?) also KDE's file explorer, not very.

Quote Originally Posted by yaustar View Post

Dillo is more realistic but again, you need to port all the external libraries it uses (mainly GTK+ or FLTK).
    Isn't dillo just a modified links 2?
    [edit] nope, its the rival minimalist browser.

Default How about trying to port this

Would something like Origyn be more feasible ?

http://www.sand-labs.org/OWBAL_doc/

It seems to be designed for mobile devices which would make me suspect it would have all the libraries included with it ?

Here is a screen shot of what it looks like on a nokia phone, it'd be great to get a quality browser on the PSP

I just don't have the expertise to tackle a project like this myself but if there were any experienced developers out there who'd be into it I'm sure it would have a big impact.

Id be fine if someone makes a browser that supports embedded audio, copy and pasting, and better java.

Thread Information