Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The way to run more homebrews on PSP-Slim from XMB!

Blog Entries

psp The way to run more homebrews on PSP-Slim from XMB!

Be3f one of our regulars posted this to help you get more Homebrew apps/games etc working on PSP Slim:

I've found a way how to run more 1.XX core homebrews on PSP Slim with 3.60 m33 custom fw and save some space on Memory Stick: the solution is to convert your EBOOT.PBP (and all your homebrew data) into ISO/CSO format. You'll need the pbp2iso application and UMDGen

Read the Manual inside the pbp2iso archive:

pbp2iso Manual wrote:
    What to do:
    • First make sure you have the 1 or 2 PBPs for the program you wish to convert.
    • Now open pbp2iso.exe and follow the instructions in that program.
    • Navigate to the folder where pbp2iso.exe is.
    • If there are any extra files in your PBPs folder, copy them to <pbp2iso folder>\geniso\PSP_GAME\SYSDIR
    • Open UMDGen, open the geniso folder in the pbp2iso folder, drag in the PSP_GAME folder and UMD_DATA.BIN file, and save the iso.
    • Now delete the geniso folder to clear it for future conversions.

Notes:
    • Any app that uses a config file will be broken unless reprogrammed to use the memory stick specifically (aka not a relative path)
    • If converting emulators, you will need to add your ROMs to the iso image as well as the emulator, since most emulators do not have drive swapping functions, and they will start in disc0 drive.
    • Credit to pspmad for the method and PARAM.SFO/UMD_DATA.BIN files used.
    • Any apps that try to access set paths (aka paths in their PSP/GAME/name folder) will be broken, unless it is not part of the game folder and you set it up normally on the memory stick (set paths on memory stick, game in iso)
    • To end pbp2iso.exe before iso creation is done, cancel a file select dialog.

While iso is a single file, transfering it to memory stick will also be much faster, then coping hundreds of small files; you may also compress it into CSO using UMDGen to same some extra megs on MS But there is a limit: CSO/ISO is read only by 3.60 m33 built-in fw loader, so you can't change (save changes in the config file - some changes in some progs may be done in RAM) any settings in your homebrew, if it uses the config file inside the Game folder (PSP/GAME/Homebrew_Folder), but not in the special folder (in the root of the MS for example).

E.g. Serious Dungeons v0.5 - the 1.00 fw homebrew - doesn't run from 3.60 m33 XMB (but runs under eLoader 1.000!), but it will run from XMB if you compile it into CSO (the only limit for CSO - you won't be able to change the config)...

Downloads Via Comments - Discuss Also

"While iso is a single file, transfering it to memory stick will also be much faster, then coping hundreds of small files."

Yeah but the time you'll safe in the transfer has been consumed x 1,000 converting it.

DCEmu Pro

Quote Originally Posted by DarthPaul View Post
    "While iso is a single file, transfering it to memory stick will also be much faster, then coping hundreds of small files."

Yeah but the time you'll safe in the transfer has been consumed x 1,000 converting it.

that's a one-time deal though

once it's converted, you can transfer it 1001x if you want, so you can see the difference

DCEmu Coder

so essentially your making homebrew UMD's lol

DCEmu Newbie

I can't get pbp2iso.exe to run on vista

Quote Originally Posted by gunotns View Post
    1)Format HardDrive
    2)Install Windows XP
    3)Run application
    4)???
    5)PROFIT!!!
    I was asked to memorise what I did not understand; and, my memory being so good, it refused to be insulted in that manner. ~Aleister Crowley (1875-1947)

DCEmu Pro

i tried every brew i have.

if your homebrew isnt a single-file game (eboot.pbp) then you got a pretty low chance of this actually working for you. unless i'm doing something wrong here. . . ....followed every instruction to the letter

...n images dont compress well at all in fact, they get bigger. about 50% bigger

the readme of pbp2iso says:
    "If there are any extra files in your PBPs folder, copy them to <pbp2iso folder>\geniso\PSP_GAME\SYSDIR\"

didnt work for me either.

not on any of the ISO modes...M33 driver, Legacy, sony-np no umd nothing worked

Quote Originally Posted by gunotns View Post
    If you haven't disabled UAC, have you tried right clicking the exe, going to properties, and from there setting it to run as administrator?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information