Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Openstreetmap Geodata Coming...

DCEmu Regular

Default Openstreetmap Geodata Coming...

Programming Genius Nieko is known for his extra features onto the Mapthis program, but he has more upon his sleeve !

I pointed Nieko on the openstreetmap.org geodata which can be extracted and converted to CSV.

Since it's a very very large file it will take a while before it's converted.

Nieko is working his hands of trying to make the Netherlands geodata work with GMDL now.

England, Belgium, Luxemburg and even Germany and Denmark are there too, but aren't converted since they aren't complete (only the Netherlands is complete). When finished it will surely have a very very nice addon to Mapthis in general.

Stay tuned for more updates

congrats, nice work dudes

DCEmu Pro

A short update:
    • The original planet.osm file was 15.5GB;
    • I've extracted the Netherlands from this, netherlands.osm is now 1.0GB;
    • The osm2csv.pl script from OpenStreetMap stagnates after it's produced 2MB of CSV;
    • I'll try to write my own script that produces the CSV file;
    • There may be several versions, because the AND data also contains supermarkets, parking lots, etc.
    • I have no idea yet when this will be done, but hopefully in the upcoming days .

Quote Originally Posted by Nieko View Post
    A short update:
    • The original planet.osm file was 15.5GB;
    • I've extracted the Netherlands from this, netherlands.osm is now 1.0GB;
    • The osm2csv.pl script from OpenStreetMap stagnates after it's produced 2MB of CSV;
    • I'll try to write my own script that produces the CSV file;
    • There may be several versions, because the AND data also contains supermarkets, parking lots, etc.
    • I have no idea yet when this will be done, but hopefully in the upcoming days .
    Nice to Hear
    Sad thing was me living in Sweden and not getting any Geos but that hopefully comes after a while
    :thumbup: to you

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Codaz View Post

England, Belgium, Luxemburg and even Germany and Denmark are there too, but aren't converted since they aren't complete (only the Netherlands is complete). When finished it will surely have a very very nice addon to Mapthis in general.

Stay tuned for more updates

Oh thats nice news,but i hope the germanydata are complete in future.

I wait for next news from you good luck.........

DCEmu Newbie

this is great ,i hope you can get it to work

i see on openstreetmap.org that you can download the nl AND file
    only 84,4 mb

http://www.opengeodata.org/images/20.../AND-NL.tar.gz

johoo

DCEmu Pro

I saw that file, but it contains mainly binary data, which didn't work well yet with MapThis. I prefer textual data (XML from OpenStreetMap in this case) .

Also an update: I've parsed the nodes, segments and ways from the OSM file and am now writing a first CSV version containing street names. There is however one big problem, the OSM data doesn't indicate what city a street belongs to. On the OSM interface, it simply says that a street is closest to a particular city, so I'll have to make a script that does the same.

Problem is, I have ~900.000 streets and ~4.000 places+zip codes. That'd mean 900.000*4.000 = a lot of comparisons. Does anyone have a good idea on how to bring this number down?

DCEmu Newbie

guys,

how do i make my geodata work? i converted it frm csv to geodata.dat and 2 other files together now i placed it in the main folder of mapthis in my psp. how do i know if its working or not then?

DCEmu Newbie

Do i need the geodata.dat to locate me on the map, when i have the psp290?

DCEmu Pro

jakekoh: first make sure the entire CSV file is uppercase, otherwise it won't work (took me a while before I figured that out). You can then check out the Address lookup and Reverse address functions in MapThis. It should work if you only fill in a streetname.

Natanael: no, with the PSP-290 working it'll just show you where you are. You can use geodata to lookup which street is closest or where a particular street is.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information