Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [GUIDE]3.51/3.52 M33 update from 1.5 and CFW

DCEmu Newbie

Default confuzzled

hey guys, i downgraded from 3.50 to 1.50 and i didn't read up on anything after, i loaded "devhook" version 0.52 and the psar dumper did something to the psp...i've followed the instructions until i have to load the 3.51 m33 fw creator and i get this
    loading 1.50 firmware...ok
    writing 1.50 firmware...ok
    loading 3.51 firmware.... SHA1 of 1.50 psar doesn't match expected
    press x to exit......can anyone help... i dunno what the hell to do

what the heck are you messing with devhook for.

reformat your MS redowload the files and start over

DCEmu Newbie

why am i messing with devhook?....i am what they call a NOOB, sorry guys, what's an ms n how do i reformat it

DCEmu Newbie

haha... never mind, memory stick, i get it

DCEmu Newbie

I must be a total n00b here but i have this problem withe the M33CREATOR, it loads the1.50 firmware, then writes 1.50 firmware, then it loads the 3.52 firmware, no problem, but then it starts writing the 3.52 firmware, wich never completes. (it isnt supposed to take an hour is it) There is MS activity the whole time, it just keeps going and going...
    I downloaded all the files from the links right here. I have a 1.50 PSP and have run the kxploitpatcher...

FTW could be wrong? bad MS? It is an original Sony 512MB stick that came with the PSP (secondhand that is). I formatted it before usage.
    Please help...

BTW: so after an hour i removed the ms and this error message came up:
    Error writing file flash0: /vsh/module/netfront.prx

DCEmu Newbie

kk, so i went out and bought a new ms, lesson learned: USE A NEW MEMORY STICK.

That memory stick probably had a bad sector on it and/or was fake

DCEmu Newbie

Yea well I can use it playing games from it not a problem, it's a bit slower when writing to it then the new one but no problems whatsoever, and i've completely filled it.
    I'm just thankful this $#@! happened using M33CREATOR and not with M33UPDATER, while flashing.

DCEmu Newbie

Default Help with upgrading

Ok, so I'm a little confused when it comes to this. Here's my current setup: I have one of the original PSPs (1.50 fw) that has been upgraded to the 3.10 OE-A fw. I want to upgrade to the most recent custom fw but I'm not quite sure which method to follow. I read the tutorials above and i'm still a little sketchy.

There's two obvious choices, the 3.51 or 3.71 both the M33 fws. Here's the thing, I also have custom emulators that I run under the 1.50 to play old NES, SNES, Genesis, etc games.

Help? What should I do and which custom fw should I use given the current settings?

Thanks.

Emus and Homebrew still work on custom firmwares....you must upgrade to 352m33 if you want to go to 371m33. Its really up to you. Both work well, and 99% of homebrew works without a glitch

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information