Thread: jEnesis DS

DCEmu Newbie

Default jEnesis DS

I can't seem to get this to work! I am using it on an r4 cartridge (or am trying to), but I can't get games to work. At the moment, the only game I have on is Shining Force II, and it won't work. I load up jEnesisDS, which works fine, then press select which supposedly continues, but all I get is a blank box.
    On the SD card, asides from all of my ds games, I have the jEnesis 0.5 file and the Shining Force II binary. I have read that you need to DLDI patch something or other, but I don't really understand it. Can somebody help?

P.S. First Post!!

I'm pretty sure that R4 automatically DLDI patches, so you won't have to worry about that. For jEnesisDS, you probably will need a Genesis ROM. Downloading copyrighted ROMs is illegal, and you're not suppose to talk about it on these forums. Use Google to search for "Genesis Homebrew ROMs" and use those. Unfortunately, I have no idea what Shining Force II is, so I won't be able to help much. Does the game have a .nds extension? If it doesn't, then try to look in the download and look for one with the .nds extension.

If I got anything wrong, then please correct me.

It will only DLDI autopatch if you've upgraded the firmware. Either get the latest R4 firmware or download a manual DLDI patcher like DLDIrc.

Thread Information