Thread: Bioshock for Wii and PS3, says analyst

General games Bioshock for Wii and PS3, says analyst

via Computer and Video Games

Bioshock could make its way to Wii, PS3, PS2 and handhelds, according to an analyst in a recent Take-Two report.

In a company update, Janco Partners analyst Mike Hickey banked on Take-Two extracting more from the success of the critically acclaimed Bioshock, as well as the continued anticipation of GTA IV.

"We expect management could choose to raise capital now, leveraging a higher share price, investor enthusiasm over the GTA IV release, the franchise potential of Bioshock and their strong fiscal '08 guidance," said Hickey.

Don't put your life on hold though - if Bioshock should make it to other formats, Hickey (via GameDaily) doesn't expect it to happen before fiscal year 2009.

DCEmu Regular

Wii for the Wiin!

It's a fun game and a very well made game but it's to damn short for $60 bucks. Beat the game in 3 days.

DCEmu Newbie

Handhelds?
    HANDHELDS!?!?!?

Bioshock DS with simpler graphics could be hella awesome

Quote Originally Posted by lolmasta View Post
    Handhelds?
    HANDHELDS!?!?!?

Bioshock DS with simpler graphics could be hella awesome
    Yeah, in your dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by sappo View Post
    Wii for the Wiin!
    You wish.

DCEmu Newbie

PS3 maybe, the Wii couldn't handle it surely?

I doubt this will ever even be THOUGHT of by Irrational. They took great, great pride in their effects and graphics, and it would do untold horrors to the game to lower the graphics to even Wii stage. Also, Bioshock is a M rated game...for good reason, too. The Wii and DS have the least M rated games of any system, and that isn't gonna change. I love the Wii...but I love BIOSHOCK more. With either the Wii or DS controls, it would destroy BIOSHOCK.

As for PS3, that not only IS possible, its also quite probable.

But no, Its extremely safe to say that BIOSHOCK will NOT be coming to Wii or handhelds.

Blog Entries

i dont get the point in citing an m rating as being a reason against bioshock on wii. havent youu heard of manhunt 2? no more heros? its not like ninty is blocking out m rated games anymore. even though i think an m rating has nothing to do with any of this i highly doubt that it will happen. it will be on ps3 though at some point i imagine.

ps3 can more than handle it if 360 can lol

DCEmu Regular

i think this has to be a joke there is no way that the wii ps2 psp and ds could produce a port of bioshock it is not possible because you have to factor in what is involved to make this type of game like the graphics, processing power, speed and physics and that is why this game is unique but i suppose it would be ok if it were to come out on the ps3, like come on if you have played spiderman 3 on the wii you would notice the terribly framerate on spiderman 3 like to me the wii controler is like a jackoff device ya would be shaking it like if ya were masterbating and ready to explode.

Bioshock would have to be downgraded in terms of graphics way too much for the Wii. The amount of detail put into the PC/360 versions would be ruined.

Thread Information