Thread: 3.71 M33 1.5 Kernel?

Default 3.71 M33 1.5 Kernel?

I foolishly upgraded both of my PSPs to 3.71 M33, not reading that there was no 1.5 kernel. I knew I didn't need to upgrade and really shouldn't have since upgrading always equaled everything breaking (like changing from one Windows operating system to another).
    Anyway, is there going to be a 1.5 kernel added (or the ability to downgrade) any time soon? 'Cause I REALLY want to go back to 3.52.

DCEmu Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Broadus View Post
    I foolishly upgraded both of my PSPs to 3.71 M33, not reading that there was no 1.5 kernel. I knew I didn't need to upgrade and really shouldn't have since upgrading always equaled everything breaking (like changing from one Windows operating system to another).
    Anyway, is there going to be a 1.5 kernel added (or the ability to downgrade) any time soon? 'Cause I REALLY want to go back to 3.52.
    You always have the ability to downgrade through recovery mode if you really don't want to wait.

Actually, recovery mode wouldn't work. It would say that it couldn't edit a bunch of files and would say "DONE!" but nothing would happen.

Dont worry dax is releasing a 1.5 kernel patcher within the next couple days.. if you can wait until then all your problems will be solved

Well, that's good to hear. Thanks!

Just a little thing, it is not like it didn't do anything
    I tried the same (wanted to use my homebrew too), then checked flash0 and there was a bunch of files from 1.50 like the twelve bmp images and also 01-12.bmp

It tends to lag a little, so I panic and I erased & replaced everything with a backup, then it bricked hopelessly cause pandora can't delete the files either, I'm just waiting for the new unbricker DAX talked about, hope it doesn't take too long

Also, if you want to go down, you'll need to manually erase the files from flash0 and put in a backup flash you had from 3.52M33 but I don't recomend this either cause is like installing 3.52M33 but the bad way (don't do it if you don't have a complete backup), then you could use recovery eboot to 1.50 and get back to a clean 3.52M33-4
    (do not overwrite any file from 3.71M33, or it'll brick)

Just leave it like that for a while until the kernel patch is out or do the above risky thingy wich worked for someone at the 3.71M33 thread

Thread Information