Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Snes9x 0.02y11J3a5 (snes emu for PSP)

Blog Entries

Default Snes9x 0.02y11J3a5 (snes emu for PSP)

Andon has released a new Unnofficial Port of Snes 9x for the PSP using the sources by Y/J.

<blockquote>Here's a snip from the readme.txt...

Ver 0.02y11J3a5
    --------------------
    I added a trivial form of Runlength Encoding (RLE) based file compression. It's not as efficient as it could be; compressed runs of data are limited to 255 bytes MAX and it ALWAYS takes 1 byte to store the runlength.
    However, it's balanced enough that it reduces file read/write times and doesn't have a negative impact on load times. The average state save is reduced by 85-100 Kb (or about 25-30%) in size with RLE compression enabled.
    This not only speeds up state saves/loads, but it makes state saves more friendly for people with smaller Memory Sticks.

State saves that are RLE compressed will not work in other versions of the PSP Snes9X emulator, so I've also provided a utility available from the menu to compress/decompress state saves. Keep in mind that the file timestamp will change if you do this.

I added file size info to the State Save List and a total size for all state saves.

I added support for 3 additional state save slots, for a total of 8 state saves.

I changed the menu code so that it uses cached values for state save file info and thumbnails... This makes the menu open immediately instead of waiting for a state save list refresh.
    You can perform a manual refresh with the new menu option: Refresh List.

I recompiled the unziplib library using more aggressive compiler optimizations. Load times for ROMs in .zip files are slightly faster. However, the bottleneck is still the way the unziplib reads small chunks of data from the Memory Stick as it decompresses them. I will optimize the code to reduce this bottleneck in a future version.

I moved Sound and Display options to their own config menus.

I added the ability to toggle debug info in the display config menu... This is useless unless you know what you're doing

All games default to a CPU clock of 333 MHz now.

I tweaked the size of the PSP audio device buffer to reduce stuttering in certain games.

The left and right triggers now scroll up/down a page in the ROM selector list.

Replaced numerous psplib.cpp functions with the new BETA PSP SDK. You'll need to grab the SDK and compile it if you want to compile this version yourself.

Basically you just need to know that state saving is 150%+ faster than other versions due to the RLE compression, there's 3 more slots for state saves, the and the menu's been tweaked (optimized open_menu (...) and improved layout).</blockquote>

Download from here --> <a href="http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/unofficialsnes9xpsp.shtml">http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/unofficialsnes9xpsp.shtml</a>

Thanks to <a href="http://www.emuboards.com/invision/index.php?showtopic=22937" target="_blank" >Andon</a> for the release.

SO this is based of version y11, any plans to include features and fixes found in y22? (Like the Star Trek TNG fix?) I am interested in trying this out but not at my home system. Also I am not sure how to compair it to the y22 version.

all this and not a update in the gameplay speed

DCEmu Newbie

Ok, I figured out how to bring up menu. L+R triggers+select.

ow what happened to my favorite 4:3 display setting?

I love the fact that it defaults to 333mhz. But how about a config file so we can save frameskip and display settings. I want frameskip 3 and 4:3, v-sync on.

Maybe there is a save for this that I am missing. I hate that it resets with every game I choose.

-3DRON

I Have A 2gig So Im Staying With Y22!

Thumbs down Thats it :(

Every time i get the newest version. another comes out like ten minuets later,

Im not d/ling this one.

The next snes9x I d/l will have stablity/speed improvment. or im not even interested.

Blog Entries

so which is the best snes emu version so far for say Mario kart ?

I can only get 9fps when Mario Kart is actually racing and thats with transperacy turned off and frameskip set to 5

Quote Originally Posted by SmashinGit
    I can only get 9fps when Mario Kart is actually racing and thats with transperacy turned off and frameskip set to 5
    The higher your frame skip the less frames your gonna be getting. Your skipping the frames :P Frame skipping gives you a lower frame rate to give you a smoother play.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information