Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: NeoCDPSP v0.1

DCEmu Newbie

The bad news? the game plays alittle slow now with sound and the files are much much larger...
    The good news? I save a lot of money on car insurence and you can hear the game's music and sound effects..

is tha iso's and rom's tha same and how big is tha files of sum game's becasue i got mslug2 and is about 16.mb and when i open it up it has files like ( 241-v2.bin) i dont see no iso's files so im i suppose to zip them files or am i dl tha wrong thing.......

DCEmu Newbie

Hello all, I have read this thread over and over but I still can't get it to work.
    I did everything (I think) that you guys said to get it to work. I can get the emu to load up and see the metal gear folder but thats about it. I do not see anything else.

I have it as psp/game/neocdpsp/metal slug....now I know you need to make a folder called neocd.mp3 Now do I zip up all the mp3's and the ISO together and put it into the neocd.mp3 folder? or just have the mp3's ziped and the iso loose? Or does the iso go into a diffrent folder all together.

The iso I have is called Metal Slug - track 01 it is 25megs. Thanks for anyhelp you guys can give, with your help I know I can get this thing working.

Edsel

DCEmu Newbie

edsel, inside the psp/game/neocdpsp/metalslug folder, you'll need another folder called "neocd.mp3". All the mp3 tracks for the game go inside there. With the ISO (track 1 file), you need to extract all the files inside it first. Use a program like Isobuster or UltraIso to do this. Extract all the files inside the ISO into the psp/game/neocdpsp/metalslug folder.

That's it.
    If you want to save space on your ms duo, you can zip all the files you just extracted from the ISO into one archive (called mslug.zip or whatever), otherwise just leave them all there uncompressed.

DCEmu Newbie

READ THIS

OK, you download a file, and you get an ISO and MP3's

The ISO is usually named track 1, for instance Metal Slug - Track 1.ISO and the MP3's start with track 2.

Take all of the MP3's and put them in a folder called neocd.mp3

Then take your ISO and unzip it. It will be a folder with a bunch of other files in it. Name this folder metalslug.zip(or whatever the game is called)

Take your neocd.mp3 folder and put it inside the .zip folder that you just created(note: it is not an actual zipped folder, just a folder named game.zip).

Then put the metalslug.zip folder inside of the neocdpsp folder.

You then will run the .zip folder as a file from the file selction menu in the emulator.

(you still need the neocd.bin file to go in the neocdpsp folder)

TADA! I really hope this helps you guys, since you seem to be having a lot of trouble.

DCEmu Newbie

I guess that works for you all, but for most of my games i sacrifiice space for sounds and music.. I didn't put the files in the Iso into a folder... i just left it in the game folder with toghther with the neocd.mp3 folder... ^_^ its my way of getting most of the games to work perfectly...

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks for the reply, I will try that. I think the problem I have been having is I have not been extracting them with ISO buster. I have just been leaving them as they came.

Edsel

I'm still having trouble loading a game. None of my Isos, when extracted, have any bin files. For example, Kof99 (154 megs when extracted). All i See are file with extensions .spr, .prg, and .pcm. Anyone know the reason or solution?

Talking

Iv managed to get this to work and my god its the best emu iv ever used sooooooo cool, now reliving the good old days when snk were a force to be reckoned with now getting all my neo stuff out and goin through the collection to see what works so far iv managed to get the following to work:

METAL SLUG: SOUND/MUSIC NO GLITCHES PERFECT
    METAL SLUG 2: SAME AS 1
    KING OF FIGHTERS 97: SOUND ETC NO GLITCHES
    ART OF FIGHTING 3: SOUND/MUSIC BUT SOME NOTICABLE BACKGROUND GLITCHES
    TWINKLE STAR SPRITES: SOUND/MUSIC NO GLITCHES
    SAMURAI SHODOWN 1: SOUND/MUSIC NO GLITCHES
    KING OF FIGHTERS 99: SOUND/MUSIC NO GLITCHES

ALSO ANY ONE HAVING TROUBLE WITH ISOS USE AN ISO BUSTER THAT WORKS FOR ME

THIS ROCKS SO MUCH AND IV GOT IT TO WORK WITH ZIPPED GAMES (INCLUDING MUSIC) AND UNZIPPED
    ZIPPED GAMES TAKE A FEW MOMENTS LONGER TO LOAD BUT WHO CARES IF YOU CAN FIT TWICE AS MANY GAMES ON YOUR MEM CARD

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by cdrdj
    I'm still having trouble loading a game. None of my Isos, when extracted, have any bin files. For example, Kof99 (154 megs when extracted). All i See are file with extensions .spr, .prg, and .pcm. Anyone know the reason or solution?
    have you even tried to run it? it doesn't matter what files they are, it's just a bunch of $#@!. follow my steps exactly and you will be playing games!

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information