Thread: New PSP sells 580,000 in Japan

psp New PSP sells 580,000 in Japan

via Games Industry

Sony has sold 580,000 units of the new PlayStation Portable in Japan, the company said today.

That includes the 77,777 special edition units made to celebrate the launch of Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII, which launched a week in advance of the standalone unit's debut.

The unit, commonly known as PSP Slim, was previously reported to have marched past the 300,000 unit total in just a handful of days.

The new total - 580,000 - was achieved within two weeks of the main launch on 20th September, and Sony says it eclipses the total achieved in an equivalent sales period following the original PSP's launch in December 2004.

Sony has yet to release figures for PSP Slim's sales in Europe, where it launched on 14th September.

thats no suprise, japan is already home to like half the worlds 6 bn or so population. So 580000 isnt much of a stretch...

bull, x.

DCEmu Legend

psp

Quote Originally Posted by bullhead View Post
    thats no suprise, japan is already home to like half the worlds 6 bn or so population. So 580000 isnt much of a stretch...

bull, x.
    Japan is VERY tiny compared to other countries. China & India make up the bulk of the worlds population.

This world is getting overpopulated very fast. That's only going to lead to bad things down the road when we humans start consuming more than is what is available to sustain us. But that is a whole other story.

Anyway, I'm so glad to see that the Slim & Lite PSP is doing well. A lot of people love knocking the Slim & Lite but I can't put mine down and yes, sadly I have almost all but abandoned my "classic" PSP. But even if the Slim & Lite continues to become greater with official & custom firmware updates, I'll never sell off my original PSP.

thats quite alot. i bet they could sell that many in the us, but its there fault they dont. i havnt seen a single commercial or advertisment for it, yet its in all the stores... and ykb, why the change in name?

Quote Originally Posted by Veskgar View Post
    ...Japan is VERY tiny compared to other countries....
    Japan is MASSIVE...

Thread Information