Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Universal Unbricker v3 - Slim Screen Support

Quote Originally Posted by jvabbdac View Post
    Great...i read your guide, but i can't understand the difference between Pandora and Despertar ! Can you take a litle patience and explain to me !? I'm a noob !
    There are a few steps to getting a working pandora solution.

1. Move the partition on the memory stick to make room for the IPL image. This is what mspformat.exe is used for.
    2. Create a nand image to write to the memory stick, along with firmware files.
    3. Write the image to the memory stick. This is what msipl.exe is used forl.
    4. Set the battery's serial number to 0xFFFFFFFF so that it acts as a jigkick battery.

Download the original pandora installer. This will give you the tools to format the memory stick, write the image and create the battery. IE. steps 1, 3, and 4.

However, to CREATE the image (step 2), use this release. This release just creates a different, somewhat improved image, that you then write to the memory stick using the tools in the original installer package.

Does that make sense?

mine is not working.

DCEmu Newbie

nice....

DCEmu Rookie

So this means we can discard the 3.71 unbricker released a week ago?

Quote Originally Posted by SpooForBrains View Post
    There are a few steps to getting a working pandora solution.

1. Move the partition on the memory stick to make room for the IPL image. This is what mspformat.exe is used for.
    2. Create a nand image to write to the memory stick, along with firmware files.
    3. Write the image to the memory stick. This is what msipl.exe is used forl.
    4. Set the battery's serial number to 0xFFFFFFFF so that it acts as a jigkick battery.

Download the original pandora installer. This will give you the tools to format the memory stick, write the image and create the battery. IE. steps 1, 3, and 4.

However, to CREATE the image (step 2), use this release. This release just creates a different, somewhat improved image, that you then write to the memory stick using the tools in the original installer package.

Does that make sense?

No...sorry...i'm sux... : ) I just wan't know, the diference about Pandora and Despertar !

DS User

Quote Originally Posted by jvabbdac View Post
    No...sorry...i'm sux... : ) I just wan't know, the diference about Pandora and Despertar !
    Despertar is newer has all the functions of the other +more. It's basically just an updated version with support for both PSP and PSP S&L.

Quote Originally Posted by ab88 View Post
    Despertar is newer has all the functions of the other +more. It's basically just an updated version with support for both PSP and PSP S&L.

Thanks ! Now is all clear ! Can i make a Despertar Battery from my fat psp but with 3.71m33 ? Thanks !

DCEmu Legend

psp More than meets the eye...

Something interesting Dark_AleX said:

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_AleX
    yes. it is also a huge step to support the 1.50 kernel on the slim in the future, since the main problem, the screen, is now fixed.
    So it seems we may yet see 1.50 kernel support on the slim at some point. Dark_AleX also stated there is another thing that needs to be accomplished though.

Here is that quote:

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_AleX
    There is a still another thing to accomplish: idstorage of psp slim is encrypted, so I have to make a way of making the idstorage of 1.50 read it despite the encryption. Well, I doubt that will be a difficult task anyways

I don't know how the rest of the slim hardware will do it with the mixed kernel anyways, let's hope it doesn't end with too many bugs.
    If he's doubting the difficulty then you know that pretty much means he could probably pull it off if he so desired.

Really great stuff from Dark_AleX. I also hope it doesn't end up buggy. I would not want to sacrifice the smooth operating CFW on the Slim & Lite. I really hope a lot of the Emulator devs come back and update their emulators for the Slim & Lite just as how NJ, zx-81, and others are doing.

Snes9xTYL & gpSP updates specifically for the Slim & Lite would be spectacular. :thumbup:

I'll grab this, cause maybe someday I'll buy a psp slim, but not right now hehe, since my precious is back from Hades

Maybe is time to get a camy faceplate to celebrate its rebirth (Thank you all)

DCEmu Regular

Phew!!!

Thought I had a brick. Had a semi, anyway. You might want to reset your settings before applying it. I had a custom color and/or theme (cookies maybe?) and when I did this I got to a blank XMB except for the battery icon and just freeze... and power off after a little while.

format flash 1 from advanced in recovery menu sorted it all out though.

Still can't exit emulated UMDs with home button. Other than that.. all is cool! Seeing the menu on the slim... simply AWESOME!!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information