Thread: PSP not running hoomebrew

Default PSP not running hoomebrew

I had 3.52 M33, and at one point it just stopped running all homebrew. I couldn't even run the RECOVERY folder to revert back to 1.50.

So in the process of me trying to fix it i got a full brick, i sent it off to Fanj to unbrick with a Pandora battery as i do not have one and he got it back to 1.50.

But now i still can't run any homebrew, KXpoit games, the patcher, i can't even update to another Custom Firmware.

can anyone tell me what is going on?!

What do you mean you cant Intalls any custom firmware? what happens when you try?

When you try to install a CF from 1.50 you need to run kxploitpatcher before.

But that doesn't work. The PSP gameboot hangs then after a little while the PSP just turns off.

Thats what happens.

EDIT: just tried to turn the PSP on and it isn't loading up anything now, been tring for 15 minutes, it loads up the date and time, but then freezes and turns itself off. it won't load UMDs either now.

DCEmu Rookie

what exactly happens, do you get an error, do you have a custom theme...

DCEmu Pro

Quote Originally Posted by michael_dack_2005 View Post
    When you try to install a CF from 1.50 you need to run kxploitpatcher before.

But that doesn't work. The PSP gameboot hangs then after a little while the PSP just turns off.

Thats what happens.

EDIT: just tried to turn the PSP on and it isn't loading up anything now, been tring for 15 minutes, it loads up the date and time, but then freezes and turns itself off. it won't load UMDs either now.
    Sounds like you have a screwy motherboard with a loose connection, or a damaged component.

How much will it cost me to send it back to Sony do you think?

I would fix it myself but i have never opened up a PSP and i wouldn't know where to start.

I know they will give me a new TA-086 motherboard and a pandora-proof battery if i ask for one, but thats a risk i am going to have to take.

Thread Information