Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: SNEmulDS v0.6 Alpha released - Snes Emulator for Nintendo DS

paul, the RAM shouldn't be needed to run 4 MB games like the DKC series. They worked fine in previous versions using the paging system.

I too am having issues with loading larger games, using my Supercard miniSD. Even when I disable the option in the snemul.cfg file, it attempts to use the external RAM, causing the games to freeze.

The issue might have to do with using a slot-2 device for both RAM and storing the games. Launching the game from slot-1 while using slot-2 solely for RAM appears to work. Archeide is looking into it at the moment.

Eric, I believe the Vsync option is now labeled "Speed" and you can change between Fast Speed and Normal Speed. I'm almost positive this is the same as the old Vsync setting.

DCEmu Rookie

still no luck on ultimate mortal kombat 3 working with sound, but it plays just as fast as snezzids now. The menu system is fantastic, great work. Excellent emulator, thanks for the update.

Umihara Kawase seems to run perfectly, there are a few minor Graphical glithches, but nothing that hurts game play in the least but...

...at least from what I've seen thus far.

Dragon Quest 5: Bride of Heaven seems to run great as well.

Oh no! Harvest Moon is still not working well ! But anyway, the emulator rocks! It's really good! Nice work!

DCEmu Regular

paul, the RAM shouldn't be needed to run 4 MB games like the DKC series. They worked fine in previous versions using the paging system.

I too am having issues with loading larger games, using my Supercard miniSD. Even when I disable the option in the snemul.cfg file, it attempts to use the external RAM, causing the games to freeze.
    I see, its the same as the opera browser that requires a slot one for that and the slot 2 for memory...

It would be an idea for people to list in there sigs what cards they are using and when posting to say what card they are using the program on!

Anyway as i am always saying everyone should invest in both slot 1 & 2 cards for better compatibility and that added memory which is becoming more and more used in homebrew.

paul

DCEmu Rookie

i have got Donkey kong working and it is fullspeed.... you do need the ram for ROMS bigger than 1mb (or thats what it said anyway

Stevo your getting it all wrong here bud. Dont mean to pushy any buttons but people i guess with MiniSD are having issues using the ram in the Slot 2 or even turning it off using the NDS's Ram. Now unless your one of the lucky ones im sorry point it out to you.

Quote Originally Posted by paul3100 View Post
    I see, its the same as the opera browser that requires a slot one for that and the slot 2 for memory...

It would be an idea for people to list in there sigs what cards they are using and when posting to say what card they are using the program on!

Anyway as i am always saying everyone should invest in both slot 1 & 2 cards for better compatibility and that added memory which is becoming more and more used in homebrew.

paul
    No no, it's not SUPPOSED to require both slot-1 and slot-2. It should be able to use a paging system that calls up chunks of ROM into RAM as needed. This is the system that was used up until this version. It's a bug in the program that's causing users of some slot-2 devices to have trouble loading large games. The RAM is available, but the game is freezing before being launched from it.

This version has the old paging system, but an additional bug causes SNEmulDS to attempt to use the RAM even if I tell it not to. Some users have reported that the option works as intended, but for me it uses the RAM no matter what.

In any case, I'll update the compatibility list sometime soon to allow for the new changes in the GUI.

DCEmu Newbie

This is my first time trying this emulator our any of the nds emulators.And i say wow really great keep it up.I have found a few games to run without any errors.Like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV - Turtles in Time (U) [!] well atleast the first stage i played.But anyway nice job and i can't wait to see the next update

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information