Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: WARNING !!! Unrecoverable bricks signalled on 3.71 M33 !!!

DCEmu Newbie

Question ???

Is this problem happening on 3.71 m33 for the phat psp ?

Thanx for the detailed info... I had read about the fix prior to the problem so only had a rough idea what was going on.

Quote Originally Posted by uaelegend View Post
    I bricked my psp fat using pandora and ms I know that I made a mistake when preparing the ms. After the brick the pandora didn't work I prepared the ms again, nothing worked at all. I have a slim psp then what I did. I copied the nand of my slim and dump it on the fat and I got a complete brick ... man I what I have done.... after so many tries nothing is working at all. Its a dead fat psp. Then I got a fat psp from my brother, I backed up his nand and put it in my fat psp using the pandora .... thanks god it came back to life again, but the UMD is not working it says the disk is not supported if i insert a game.

I down graded again to 1.50 the same the UMD is not working, then I put the m33 3.52 ..same thing.
    now i put LE 3.40 ... same thing...

any comments
    your idstorage is corrupted... thats the problem when you use a nand dump that isnt from your original psp... i did that in attempts to fix my ta-079mobo and all i could access was recovery menu(3.03 if anyone remembers that 1 lol) from my old ta-082 dump. Im not sure if it can be fixed easily but i know that there is an idstorage cleaner avaliable for download... if i find it, ill link it for you

DCEmu Rookie

I'm guessing that this does not apply to those who are on 3.71m33-2 on a slim and does not mess with the xmb

Am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by Heero808 View Post
    I'm guessing that this does not apply to those who are on 3.71m33-2 on a slim and does not mess with the xmb

Am I right?
    Yes. If you dont mess with flash0,flash1,flash2 and 3 using USB connection this problem will not occur.
    My PSP (3.71 M33-2) bricked last sunday without reason, i am playing Kensendei in MMSPLus and puts PSP in sleep mode, when i turned it on the PSP reseted ... it was full brick... no recovery, no XMB, nothing !Only power led on and after some secconds it shut off by itself. I restored it with pandora with no problems...
    I read in some foruns and this roblem occur randomicaly... but it occurs more often with people which transfer files to flash0 by the VSH menu (Why in the hell people do it ?).

You don't need to worry. This just happened to me last night and I unbricked today. (A lot of reading). I have a PSP SLIM 3.71 M33-2 and it was completely bricked w/ no recovery and pandora nor despertar_cemetario v3 wouldn't help me. I finally found a bunch of apps and a file which is a blank nand-dump.bin file, (to repartition flash), eventually merged w/ your idstorage via a batch file. I would use the USB fix if I were you tho. And make a Nand backup now, while you still can in case this happens to you. The process is very tedious. And D_A's apps are always trustworthy.

Special thanks to: Cory149, squirrel61 and all the other ppl on ********** and Endless Paradigm who gave their time to try to help me unbrick.

lol wow it takes awhile to dump
    i just used despertar del cementario v3 with my pandora MS and Bat and it took like atleast 30 seconds if not more which is actually a long time when your nervous about your psp being safe lol
    but its good to do a dump i guess just to be safe

now im dumping my Phat
    lol hope it goes ok!!
    i dont want a brick though so i agree with everyone nand dumping is really really important if you mess with your flash in any way!
    and i dont mess with flash but i thought id dump to be safe

QUESTION::::
    is the Phat dump supposed to be like 33mb instead of like 67mb like the slim?

If I change a theme in 3.71 m33-2 does that mess with the flash?

Quote Originally Posted by dmac View Post
    If I change a theme in 3.71 m33-2 does that mess with the flash?
    Any changes in system settings, date, etc.. will change data in flash1. But if you use PTF themes it will be fine because the problem is when you change/copy/delete files in the flash by USB connection.

Maybe a temporary solution is use flash programs (Like Flash Aggent,etc..) to copy files inside the memory stick to flash instead use USB connection.

Anyway i never liked custom XMB an danything which mess with flash0... the main drawback is the use of usefull plugins like pikey and ect...

I think this is no bug, it's one of $ony's attempt to block custom stuff on the psp, I bricked because I was trying to put an unofficial custom theme on 3.71M33, tried recovery, it didn't work, just wrote a bunch of files from 1.50, then replaced everything with a backup, then brick, but the weird thing is that normal pandora worked

But all this sh*t is to make their custom themes the only ones, that's why if you want to have some custom themes (not made by sony), stay on FW 3.52M33-4 at least untill a good game requires higher firmware

By the way, is there a secure way to put custom themes on 3.71M33, maybe cxmb, if so, wich version?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread Information