Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: WARNING !!! Unrecoverable bricks signalled on 3.71 M33 !!!

ok... that explains my bsod-ing ... well i bricked neway tryna run the 3.52 installer... but pandora'd back to 1.50 now.... its safe and sound. i hope there will be a 3.71-3 now...

I'm gonna try a gameboot now.. hopefully what you said will be true. Wish me luck

I did a Nand-dump of my Slim and I got 2 bad blocks . I'm using 3.71 m33 v2. Now, should I fash the usb fix from DA or should I wait. I have bricked a previous SLIM before and have replaced with the one I have now. I've bricked my PHat PSP on 3.71m33 but the old Padorah (the version that doesn't work on the SLIM) fixed it just fine and I flashed the USB fix with no problems. I'm just curious about the SLIM since it's a lot easier to do the "unrecoverable brick".

Oh yeah the gameboot worked! Flashing files is fine for me.

nice picture of a brick :P

Quote Originally Posted by jurkevicz View Post
    I did a Nand-dump of my Slim and I got 2 bad blocks . I'm using 3.71 m33 v2. Now, should I fash the usb fix from DA or should I wait. I have bricked a previous SLIM before and have replaced with the one I have now. I've bricked my PHat PSP on 3.71m33 but the old Padorah (the version that doesn't work on the SLIM) fixed it just fine and I flashed the USB fix with no problems. I'm just curious about the SLIM since it's a lot easier to do the "unrecoverable brick".
    what do you mean 2 bad blocks??
    i should probably know this but i dont lol

Do a NAND-dump with a pandora battery. You'll know what I'm talking about. Around the net people are saying that bad blocks occur randomly and don't really know why it happens.

Okay, so this only happens when you mess with flash with the USB. But what if you tried to put PSPRadio on a PSP, like I did, and it flashed a file. Does anyone/ do I have a problem to worry about? It would shut down when I tried to fix the WLAN radio, but other than that, it seems okay. I'm really worried about this, so it'd be nice if someone would reply to this one.

Quote Originally Posted by jurkevicz View Post
    Do a NAND-dump with a pandora battery. You'll know what I'm talking about. Around the net people are saying that bad blocks occur randomly and don't really know why it happens.
    well i used Despertar del cementerio V3
    with my pandora's battery to do a nand dump on my slim and phat
    and it went no errors or anyhting as for as i saw
    so im still now sure what you mean

EDIT:
    i think i understand more now... i just researched it (google = very useful) and i understand if theres a bad block using Despertar del cementerio V3 it will write it back when you restore... which could be bad or not matter...
    using the original pandora will not do that because it skips them using a logical dump not a physical (like Despertar del cementerio V3) am i right

that's right. That's why I'm curious if I brick my Slim and try to restore with my NAND with2 bad blocks if it will work fine. I don't know if I flash the USB fix from DA will brick it with 2 bad blocks. It works just fine and I don't plan on flashing anything in it, but just a precaution.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread Information