Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 80GB PS3 Price Drop to £244

Blog Entries

ps3 80GB PS3 Price Drop to £244

SuccessHK has today dropped the price of the new 80GB Playstation 3 down to USD 497.10 (£244)

That is a massive saving over the reduced 60GB price in the UK at £350 and cheaper than the 40GB at £250

All PS3 Games are worldwide Region Free as are most Blueray Films. Buying a HK PS3 will lose PS2/Ps1 compatability but for the price it may be worth it..

SuccessHK do ship worldwide so good news for importers, but make sure you ship airmail and ask for the box to be marked as sample

Buy 80GB Playstation 3

DCEmu Newbie

I emailed SuccessHK about this product and they told me it can only go online on the Japonese Servers

I was going to buy a 60 gb PS3 the other day and the guy at gamestop said that the price was gunna drop to $350 in November. I don't know if this is tru or not. If it is gunna drop ill wait until then otherwise, i'd buy it sooner.

Buying a HK PS3 will lose PS2/Ps1 compatability but for the price it may be worth it..
    wait..I don't get it..
    why it lose PS2/Ps1 compatability?

it says you loose compatibility depending on where you buy it. Im guessing that these are American or Japanese so if someone from Europe buys it than they loose the ability to play there PS1/PS2 games since there region locked. But if they do release the lock than you will regain the ability to play them.

DCEmu Regular

No, they TOTALLY took out PS2 compatibility.

Dunno why, just another smart Sony move.

From what I hear, they've only removed PS1/2 compatibility with the new 40gb models (as well as some other things). Sony seems to be trying to shoot themselves in the foot with this one though. They've not only removed features with the 40gb model, they've discontinued the 60gb model and emotion chips. And I also am not aware of any plans to bring the 80gb model to all regions.

The way Sonys doing it is not all versions of the PS3 will have all of the features, the 60GB model has everything, the 80GB model has everything. The 40GB model has everything BUT the PS2 backwards compatibility. When i say everything i mean everything besides the EE.

there trying to appeal to people who wanted a price a drop
    now everyone and their brother already has a PS2 and I think they know that

ps3 sucks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information