Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Premium Menbers WTF

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenIpaq
    Did you even read/go to the front page of PSPU, no more pop-up ads from what I hear...

Wraggster, I remember hearing a reason why not to implent pay-pal for the donation instead of Premium Members. Anyways with this "Premium donating" the users get something back in return: giveaways, raffles, special forum privledges that were not available before, and more stuff. I have not tried out the new no-ad front page yet. And yeah, Clay does seem like a nice guy from what I have come across with him.
    I read:
    Thanks to all you guys who have signed up for a Premium Membership on the site, we are proud to announce that we will no longer have popups on the blog or forums!
    And thought it meant those who signed up for a Prem. Membership will no longer have popups. A comma makes a big difference.

[EDIT] ...I just went there and got a script popup.

PSP Coder

i just want to add:
    lantus... i love you
    R-E-S-P-E-C-T : the proper places and people deserve it

for no pop ups or w/e, use firefox w/ adblocker, i have none wat so ever, on any site i go to

Firefox doesn't prevent _these_ kind of popups. And they are the worst kind.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...seph/popup.jpg

DCEmu Newbie

THERE IS NO RACE!

Being the first to get "news" out is not the mark of a good journalist. It's the mark of someone who is desperate. A real journalist would first verify the information they obtained and give credit to their news source. Something pspupdates seems unwilling to do on many occasions.

Also pspupdates should be more mindful of the community in which they work. This is homebrew, not a commercial enterprise and trying to turn it into something diffferent is disrespectful against those that create the "news" for them in the first place.

I have been noticing the lag in the forum, a few days ago I couldn't even get in, now it seems fine. The popups are very easy to block (even AOL can block em') so I'm not worrying about that. The ads pretty much only affect the looks of forums and sites, so I wouldn't pay anything (no offence) to get rid of them.

Sorry peeps you aren't getting my mula.
    -James

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information