Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New 32 GB PSP memory stick?

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by tgm123 View Post
    i have always used my 8gb for homebrew on the 1.5 kernel and the new slim as well

1.5 kernel cannot see more than 4 gigs. Period. Try placing a few movies/umds (4 gigs worth) on your 8 gig then add some homebrew emulators (1.5 kernel versions, not ones made for OE firmwares) afterwards, such as snes/nes/daedalus... it just won't work most of the time. some of them actually load but when you try to start a rom, it will crash the PSP.

of course anything that works on the slim can use an 8gig stick because anything working on the slim is using kernel 3.6+ (now 3.71)

DCEmu Legend

The reason why this might be reasonably priced and hell, probably a major factor in its development is the fact that SONY wants to offer more and more downloadable content via PSN store. PSX games and eventual PSP games offered for download won't be the smallest of files. Then with music, TV shows, movies, etc. space gets filled up rather quick.

Moreover, if the PSP gets a 32GB capacity, it will be slight competition for Apple for those thinking of getting an iPod Touch.

For all that I'd use this for and the money's worth I'd get out of it. I'd spend as much as $199.99 for this if it worked with all or most PSP homebrew.

Furthermore, the fact that this is a partnership with SanDisk has me very excited. I never had interest in the SONY 8GB PRO Duo. I was hoping SanDisk would release a better performing version like Ultra II, Extreme III, or RapidGX.

The SONY sticks are way too slow if you are to be loading up huge files or a lot of small files all at once. I'll be honest, I only play my PSP UMD's backed up to memory stick using SONY's own np9660.prx loader. And since I got the Slim & Lite PSP with the better LCD screen, I've been using it for more and more digital video. SO I'd easily be able to fill a 32GB memory stick with loads of digital homebrew goodness.

I will keep my eyes on news relating to this with much anticipation....

DCEmu Newbie

To be honest, what makes me the most excited about this is that as soon as this baby comes out (and starts to sink in price within a couple of monthes). All the smaller memory sticks will instantly plummet in price. I may be eyeballing this one if and when they make a 64 gb stick and this one is only 50 bucks :P.

Case and point: Last year I bought a 1 gb memory stick on ebay for 50 dollars (not even a real magicgate either, but it works fine). This year I got a 4 gb for 40 dollars a huge drop from the price just last year with 4 times the space. And, now I look at ebay and see the same 1gb memory stick I bought for 50 going for a pathetic 10 dollars, a huge change from the 130.00 I saw it at in best buy only a year or so prior. So dont go out spending 1000 dollars on a memory stick (ok maybe not that much) be patient and maybe buy a super cheap 4 gb or 8gb stick as the price on them plummets.

Eherrmm, just what they(SONY) said when they will release the M2 (memory stick micro) that it will have a 62 Gb support, but they release only 4 gb max memorysticks. That sucks, maybe they will release 16 GB only or if most of their product cant support that amount of space, maybe they will stick again to the 8 GB..

they know what there doing....

Well its fairly old news the whole 32gb thing, but releasing it is surprising. Well I'd save some pennies to buy this one, All the videos/music/PS1 games/PSP iso is insane.

with that youl able to fill your psp up with as much games and movies, this is what we dreamed of

I'm excited for the new memorystick. Not the fact that I will purchase one, but when its ever released the prices will drop for the 4gb and 8gb sticks. Then I can move up from 20 dollar 2gb sticks. I can't wait.

Having 32 GBs of flash memory would be pretty cool.
    Seeing as I already use my PSP as an iPod already!

I doubt the price tag will be friendly though.
    Unless you know someone on the inside.
    You know-a what I-a mean?

Quote Originally Posted by goliath182 View Post
    All the videos/music/PS1 games/PSP iso is insane.
    Don't reference ISOs on DCEmu.
    We are against piracy.

sorry, well i did mean backups of course. keep all my games without lugging around umds

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information