Thread: Japanese go crazy for Crisis Core!

psp Japanese go crazy for Crisis Core!

If there’s one way to sell PlayStation Portables, Final Fantasy is the golden ticket. The PSP-exclusive prequel to Final Fantasy 7, Crisis Core, was released in Japan last week.

Based on the latest data from Japan, FFVII: Crisis Core has already sold over 470,000 copies. That is insane. Not Monster Hunter insane, but insane none the less.

The release of the game has also revived PSP console sales. Aprox. 100,000 units were sold last week in Japan, just managing to beat the Nintendo DS. Do you think this positive trend will last? Or was this a one-week wonder?

I think only time will tell. Will they play the game, then trade in their PSPs? Or will they go back to the store and pick up 'War of the Lions', bite their nails for Dissidia, then maybe explore some other titles in the meantime?

Most of the posters on DCEmu seem to be from the Americas and Europe, but as is shown from the number of badly translated releases you'll find in the annals of this site, there are some in Japan who use CFW as well. Perhaps a few of those 100k will want to unlock the potential of their new toy and see that official releases aren't the only thing that's available for their portable gaming pleasure.

i wish my psp wasnt bricked

Thread Information