Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PSX Emu on the PSP, Possible or Not ?

Blog Entries

Default PSX Emu on the PSP, Possible or Not ?

On the Dreamcast we had Bleemcast but that was more of a single game emulator than ran a few games perfect but do you think PSX emulation could ever be fullspeed on the PSX, which is the best source to use to port or is an emu written from scratch the best option?

what do you think ?

isn't there a very good emu for pocket pc?they could port that one,as long as i get to play more rpg i'm all for it.

i say it's possible,with some work,you'll see

from scratch

Blog Entries

the coder of the pocket pc version actually posts on these forums

No ones that good of a coder its not gonna happen. When you see Snes running without overclocking on 122mhz then you can start to see some 30% speed psx emulators.

^^^Your comparing apples and oranges...^^^

From scratch(happy?)=Full speed(Compiled when sdk gets better, or uh...heh heh)
    Port=Possible, but probably never full speed

I would think single game emulation like bleemcast

"PSX emulation could ever be fullspeed on the PSX," why would you want to emulate psx, on a psx??? isnt that kind of already possible???

well i think you meant the psp, and i know what a psx is.... kind of.... ummm.... int it a ps1 and 2, and like, a dvd player, with like, file storing or something? from what i know it wasnt released in america.... but i think ps1 emu would be possible on the psp...

"time feels like a midnight ride, finality waits outside.. weaping in perplexity's arms, carressing our smiles inside"

very funny.psx stands for ps1 obviously,since before the psx came out

I think an emulator built from scratch would be best, I would imagine the hardware profiles for the PSX and the PSP would be similar, except the PSP has more MHz potential, only problem I see is memory card space and right analog usage, not to mention L2 and R2, but these things can be overcome Im sure. but im no programmer or hardware spec analysis major, let someone that knows programming like the back of his hand tell us.

DCEmu Newbie

bleemcast was coded from the ground up in assembly for speed. bleemcast was originally supposed to support a bunch of games but bleem was a small company (in financial trouble from being sued by a big company)coding in a difficult language. they didn't have alot of resources, so QA was hard. because of those prob's they had to make emulators for specific games(much easier). technologicly there was nothing imposible with emulating a whole bunch of different games on each bleemcast disc. the original plan to release packs that had game specific fixes in them, were just going to be for something the game did that wasn't normal.

I think the PS1 can be emulated on PSP better than PS2 does. The PSP CPU should be nearly binary compatable with PS1's. I can't see why sound would be a problem, and athough PS1 and PSP have the same amount of Vram (2MB), the PSP GPU's 5.3GB/s bus should keep it from being a problem.

and saying PSP can't run ps1 because it can't play Snes full speed is flawed logic. the hackers haven't found out how to fully utilize the gpu yet. that's probably why even though genesis had a faster cpu then snes did, genesis runs faster(snes has a better gpu than genesis) once hackers figure out the gpu, everything will be faster. hey GBA can emulate snes, don't tell me psp can't.

and as for weither to port or code from scratch, I say code from scratch. ps1 emu's on the pc aren't even 100% perfect. and coding from scratch eliminates design flaws that might cause problems if you ported one.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information