Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Michael Bay Still Loves Blu-ray More Than HD DVD

ps3 Michael Bay Still Loves Blu-ray More Than HD DVD

via Gizmodo

Even though Transformers director Michael Bay backed down after bitching about Paramount's choice of HD DVD over Blu-ray for all forthcoming home videos including Transformers, he couldn't hold his tongue for long. He told USA Today that he's pissed about the format war in general, adding specifically:

"As a director, my critical eye is that Blu-ray is where my money is."

He also says the best-selling DVD release of Transformers was "not as good as it could have been." Apparently somebody must've got up on the wrong side of the bed.

thats my hero!!!
    m(^w^)m meow

This guy obiously dosen't know that HD DVD is equal to Blu Ray, even Space wise, since both formats can store 50GB, I bet when Transformers sells more on HD DVD and pays for this new car hes gonna be like O Hd YOUR awesome!

Default .

Quote Originally Posted by Elven6 View Post
    This guy obiously dosen't know that HD DVD is equal to Blu Ray, even Space wise, since both formats can store 50GB, I bet when Transformers sells more on HD DVD and pays for this new car hes gonna be like O Hd YOUR awesome!

is that right? how so?

you want a quick example? let's examine a clockwork orange, the exact same content (the same video codec and same bitrate, in terms of audio blu ray has pcm, that's what extra space can give you), but the hd dvd version is spread over two disc :< whereas the blu ray version is actually all in one disc.

ps. and just so you know the hd dvd has a maximum bitrate for video of 29.4 Mbit/s, the blu ray has a maximum video bitrate of 40.0 Mbit/s, I think that's a bit of a turn off, don't you?

he means that blue ray gives more quality than hddvd

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowblind View Post
    In the regard of quality, I'm afraid that there is no difference whatsoever. None. Except HDDVD can play audio with more crisp detail then blu-ray, there is no difference in quality.
    "Except HDDVD can play audio with more crisp detail then blu-ray"

What? Many blu ray disc have PCM! that's uncompressed audio, do you sill think hd dvd has audio with more detail?

And by the way saying that there is no difference in quality is quite an overstatement, because if you start filling the discs with more content or simply put a huge film or many episodes, you will start to notice digital artifacts much sooner on hd-dvd than on blu ray.

Quote Originally Posted by freitax View Post
    "Except HDDVD can play audio with more crisp detail then blu-ray"

What? Many blu ray disc have PCM! that's uncompressed audio, do you sill think hd dvd has audio with more detail?

And by the way saying that there is no difference in quality is quite an overstatement, because if you star filling the discs with more content or simply put a huge film or many episodes, you will start to notice digital artifacts much sooner on hd-dvd than on blu ray.
    Im basing this off experiance. When it comes to explosions, HD-DVD delivers better then Blu-ray, not so much graphics as the BOOOOOM!. Thats what I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowblind View Post
    Im basing this off experiance. When it comes to explosions, HD-DVD delivers better then Blu-ray, not so much graphics as the BOOOOOM!. Thats what I've seen.
    well then that means you have a inferior blu ray player compared to your hd dvd player, it doesn't mean you have a inferior disc.

DCEmu Rookie

the lack of a blu-ray version of transformers has most certainly halted my purchase of the film...
    while watching it in the theater i couldn't help but dream of playing it in blu-ray for the rest of time...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information