Thread: I'm Stuck... Fat PSP, Mapthis! 5.01, Holux240, 3.71 M33-2 + 1.50-2 - GPS State: OFF

DCEmu Newbie

Default I'm Stuck... Fat PSP, Mapthis! 5.01, Holux240, 3.71 M33-2 + 1.50-2 - GPS State: OFF

I've searched for a couple of days for a solution, and I'm just not getting anywhere, so I thought I would reach out for a bit of help.

Here's exactly what I've done.

I can get MapThis! to run, and show maps, so I'm going to skip all steps up to that point.

After loading up a map, I hit [] and it says "GPS Mode ON" but I can see that I do not have any locked satellites (done in broad day light) I go to the info screen, to find "GPS State Off"

It's my understanding, that I do not need an .prx files, as it's a generic GPS.

I've tried the different BAUD settings 38400 and 4800, to no avial.

I have the "professionally" made cable from whoever that first company was, to make it. And I've snipped off the tip, to allow audio.

Any ideas?

try keycleaner...might be due to bad keys...

do a search in google for keycleaner 1.4...read the instructions carefully n follow the steps...

DCEmu Newbie

I've used 1.3, and it says everything is fine, however, would that affect a serial GPS device?? I thought it would only affect things attached to the USB port (PSP-290)

DCEmu Pro

If you have a TA-082/086 motherboard, cutting off the audio tip apparently breaks GPS functionality through the serial port. Might that be it?

DCEmu Newbie

If that is true, then that's exactly it. I hadn't found that posted anywhere, where did you find out about it?

and...... CRAP! :-/

thx

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by meier3283 View Post
    I've searched for a couple of days for a solution, and I'm just not getting anywhere, so I thought I would reach out for a bit of help.

Here's exactly what I've done.

I can get MapThis! to run, and show maps, so I'm going to skip all steps up to that point.

After loading up a map, I hit [] and it says "GPS Mode ON" but I can see that I do not have any locked satellites (done in broad day light) I go to the info screen, to find "GPS State Off"

It's my understanding, that I do not need an .prx files, as it's a generic GPS.

I've tried the different BAUD settings 38400 and 4800, to no avial.

I have the "professionally" made cable from whoever that first company was, to make it. And I've snipped off the tip, to allow audio.

Any ideas?
    do you have mapthis in the GAME371 map and the kernel on 3.71??

DCEmu Newbie

try taking off the 1.50 kernel plugin and running mapthis uner 3.71 kernel.. also dont forget to change toe cpu down to lower level..

DCEmu Pro

johoo/eminded: meier3283 said he had a generic GPS, so then he would need the 1.5 kernel, not 3.xx.

meier3283: see http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=73820. You could of course try cutting off the tip of some cheap headphones and solder that back onto your cable really carefully. Who knows, it might work again .

Thread Information