Thread: PSP Development Kit ready to use for Windows Users

Blog Entries

psp PSP Development Kit ready to use for Windows Users

News/release from zx-81:

Hi All,

For windows users who want to develop on their windows PC, little homebrew for the PSP, without spending hours or days trying to install cygwin and compile the toolchain, this package is for you !!

You have first to install VirtualBox that is freely available : http://www.virtualbox.org/

You should then download all rar files present here :
    http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/public/psp/virtualbox/

You have to unrar the rar archive in disk1.vdi (you need at least 4Gb of free space on your hard disk)

Then create a new virtual host, Linux 2.6 with 256 Mb of memory, and use the disk1.vdi as a disk image !

This disk image contains a full install of xubuntu 7.4, where the PSP SDK has been already compiled, and several other software added (such as the famous IDE Kdevelop, gcc, SDL etc ...).

After virtually booting Xubuntu, the login name is psp, and the password is psp.

I've written a small PSP project (hello world) for Kdevelop, ready to use.

The source code of PSPWrite is also given as an example, with a linux version and a PSP version (but with makefile only, without project file for Kdevelop).

Hope that helps,

Zx

http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/serendipity...ows-Users.html

Because this is so absolutely freakin amazing, I'm going to mirror this (as a single RAR) on my dedicated server You'll get more people downloading it then :P I'll give you the link when done.

Again, great work, I may even write this disk image to a spare hard drive and just use it, because it can be a fiddle sometimes getting it to 'just work', finally someone in the know has come along and said here, have mine

http://stealthcp.ath.cx/files/psp/zx-81/

Contains the split files, and will contain the single file as well once it finishes compressing. If you're not using OpenDNS it'll take a while before you can access that link - tomorrow morning should do it Haven't used that domain in a long time and realized it was pointing to an old IP address from over a year ago.

Used to run Ubuntu on the server, now it runs FC6 That lobortis host is really good, no confirmation codes needed, which was lucky - I was using lynx to get the files. Download rate was around 600KiB/s, and I had 8 sessions running at one time, so got it quite quickly

I must ask you, is Xubuntu your primary PSP development distro? I know you created this image specifically for Windows users, so I'm wondering what you use most of the time for developing.

wikid!

Quote Originally Posted by StealthCP View Post
    http://stealthcp.ath.cx/files/psp/zx-81/

Contains the split files, and will contain the single file as well once it finishes compressing. If you're not using OpenDNS it'll take a while before you can access that link - tomorrow morning should do it Haven't used that domain in a long time and realized it was pointing to an old IP address from over a year ago.

Used to run Ubuntu on the server, now it runs FC6 That lobortis host is really good, no confirmation codes needed, which was lucky - I was using lynx to get the files. Download rate was around 600KiB/s, and I had 8 sessions running at one time, so got it quite quickly

I must ask you, is Xubuntu your primary PSP development distro? I know you created this image specifically for Windows users, so I'm wondering what you use most of the time for developing.
    Many thanks for the mirror. I've published the link on my blog.

To answer yourquestion, i'm not uisng xubuntu at home, but fedora core distrib (i use redhat desktop at work, so i'm more familiar with redhat/fedora distrib than ubuntu).

Thanks again for the mirror :thumbup:
    here is my blog !

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoks rule
    The more you fail, the more you have a chance that it will work in the end.

DCEmu Newbie

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by StealthCP View Post

Contains the split files,1z0-043 and will contain the single file as well once it finishes compressing. If you're not using OpenDNS it'll take a while before you can access that link - tomorrow morning should do it Haven't used that domain in a long time and realized it was pointing to an old IP address from over a year ago.

Used to run Ubuntu on the server, now it runs FC6 That lobortis host is really good, MB2-632 no confirmation codes needed, which was lucky - I was using lynx to get the files. Download rate was around 600KiB/s, and I had 8 sessions running at one time, so got it quite quickly

I must ask you, 117-201 is Xubuntu your primary PSP development distro? I know you created this image specifically for Windows users, so I'm wondering what you use most of the time for developing.
    It's really informative for me.Thanks for sharing

DCEmu Pro

Okay...

So this is essentially PSP Toolchain running in linux running in windows?

Thread Information