Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GP2X F-200 Released Today With Touchscreen and More

Blog Entries

GP2X GP2X F-200 Released Today With Touchscreen and More

Gamepark have today released what they hope will get homebrew and amateur developers buzzing and entice many games and ports from the Nintendo DS over to the GP2X with the release of the GP2X F-200 with the main new selling feature being the Touchscreen and its availability in white.

Heres the full details on this newly revised console.

features
    Color: White
    All new touch screen interface
    New and improved 8-way digital pad
    Comes with various games built-in: Blocked, GhostPix, Cavestory, Phishy, Ruck-Man, SQdef
    5 new game titles available at launch
    Multi-tasking functionality: enjoy music while reading e-books or browsing photos
    3.5 inch LCD screen with 320*240 (30 frames) resolution
    Simple and convenient e-book viewer
    Size: 134.6x82.9x29.6 mm
    Weight: 161g (without battery)

The GP2X F200 is on sale at Play Asia for US$ 169.90 (~82.71 GBP)

For those who dont know there are hundreds of Games, Applications and Emulators for the Console all available at GP2X News.

Check out Play Asia to buy this new revised GP2X --> http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-...j-70-277b.html

Digg This

DCEmu Newbie

As long as it misses:

- Wifi Connection Support
    - Dual Screen
    - Dual Core
    - Pressure Sensetive Touch Screen
    - Thermal Sensor
    - Microphone
    - Microphone Jack
    - 12 Buttons (at least)
    - Developers developing for it
    - Gamesharing Function
    - People that actually buy that thing

it will never become as popular as the DS.

I've been thing about getting a GP2X, try out something new.

I totally agree with pas with missing features of gp2x, it has touch screen which is nothing amazing the gp2x doesn't have a good pda application which sucks big time the ds lite has ds organise which is really good application comes close to palm pda application the gp2x should have dual screen,microphone,wi-fi conncetivity the gph is a small company which they don't have much money comes to main stream market it will never become popular as ds lite the gp2x f200 is second console by gph, Nintendo ds lite is cool console imagine ds lite 2 how good would that be it will be 3 times better than gp2x f200 already ds lite is far better than both gp2x consoles.

DCEmu Newbie

I've been debating between this and the JXD 301 at mp4nation.com for a few weeks, but how good is the battery life on the GP2x?

Quote Originally Posted by sukhi-2006 View Post
    I totally agree with pas with missing features of gp2x, it has touch screen which is nothing amazing the gp2x doesn't have a good pda application which sucks big time the ds lite has ds organise which is really good application comes close to palm pda application the gp2x should have dual screen,microphone,wi-fi conncetivity the gph is a small company which they don't have much money comes to main stream market it will never become popular as ds lite the gp2x f200 is second console by gph, Nintendo ds lite is cool console imagine ds lite 2 how good would that be it will be 3 times better than gp2x f200 already ds lite is far better than both gp2x consoles.
    Now... try again using full stops.

Anyway, ive been thinking i may invest in one of these things, mainly because there seems to be a LOT of homebrew support which is what keeps consoles feeling fresh regulary for me. For £80 it seems almost a sound investment, apart from the missing features and such of course.

Quote Originally Posted by pas View Post
    As long as it misses:

- Wifi Connection Support
    - Dual Screen
    - Dual Core
    - Pressure Sensetive Touch Screen
    - Thermal Sensor
    - Microphone
    - Microphone Jack
    - 12 Buttons (at least)
    - Developers developing for it
    - Gamesharing Function
    - People that actually buy that thing

it will never become as popular as the DS.

It wasn't meant to be as popular as the DS, but a full blown homebrew system, when I get the money I'll be buying one hopefully

There is a Dual Core CPU, and its a heck of alot more powerful than the DS's ARM9 and ARM7

The resolution is higher, a built in media player, Linux OS, and yes there are developers developing it, hence GP2X News. Then lastly DS organize wasn't always around, it definatly wasn't around when the DS first came out... you have to give things time... (.....and who REALLY needs 12 buttons on a handheld? this has 10 if im counting them how you are on the DS)

Don't get me wrong, I love my DS, but theres no reason to be bashing something that just came out...(the F-200 part anyway)

[/opinion]

DCEmu Newbie

Get a PSP and hack it. At least with the emulation you'll get wifi play so you and your friend can play. If you do go that route though I suggest you do ur research before you start complaining like some others because they didn't research. use psp-hacks.com or pspmod.com, here at dcemu or psp.qj.net. It's really not hard to hack it, you just have to find the right tools in a sense.

seems like a cool little handheld, hopefully one day ill get one

bout the only bad thing i see about it is no wifi, in the age of the internet, hotspots and wifi every freakin where, its a major oversight

DCEmu Regular

Some people need to understand that this is not made by a multi-million/billion dollar company. It's also not a system that is geared towards the mainstream market, so it's no wonder there's so much bashing of this system. It kind of surprises me though, since it is a "homebrew" system you'd think a lot of people would embrace it. People that will want this system would be one's that have been wanting a GP2X, but have been worried with certain issues from the MK1 and MK2 releases. This new F-200 fixes most of those and seems to improve on them. I own a MK1 and have been very pleased with it. I bought it after I bought my PSP and it gets way more play time than my psp. This will be awesome to see what kind of homebrew can be done with this added touch screen support. It will b e nice to see if some computer emulators will use the touch screen as a virtual keyboard for Amiga, Atari ST, C-64 and others. I'm anxious to see what is going to be coming out for it down the road.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information