Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSX on 3.71 M33-2 help

DCEmu Newbie

Default PSX on 3.71 M33-2 help

Is it possible to run PSX on this firmware? I have tried PSX2PSP and Autopopstation4. Both have produced the .PBP but neither would play in the PSP. The psx on psp screen shows up then it just goes blank and i have to take the battery out to restart. Thanks in advance!

are you sure you're putting the pbp in the right folder on ur PSP?

(this is why i'm sticking with 3.52m33 for now...once i get my psp unbricked)

You put the PBP in GAME folder ? Are the Sony No-UMD enabled ? I heard there are some problems with PSX games when it is enabled.
    I tried my converted PSX games in 3.71 M33-2 and all then worked.
    If noone of these solutions work probabily your firmware are corrupted... reflash it and try again.
    Anyway this firmware is too unstable and i changed to 3.52 M33-4 after the 5th brick.

DCEmu Newbie

The game comes out in the SCUS94163 folder with the .pbp in it. I copied the folder in to psp/game/.

I have not used the Sony No-UMD.

This is my first PSP mod, should i bring it back to 3.52 M33-4 before i start playing around with it? Went straight up to 3.71 M33 without any problems but PSX just doesnt want to work!

Ah... I remembered another thing. It will not play any type of RIP from an PSX CD. If an movie, track, and another thing is removed from the image Popstation will simplily freeze .
    Only full images will generate a good PBP file. The best way to avoid this problem is make the iso of your PSX CD is with the program included in Autopopstaion4 pack.
    This problem occurs a lot with ripped ISO images downloaded from the internet, since people remove some features to save space.These tipe of disk images will not work.

Some advices...
    1) if you are planning to do dowgrade or anything related with the firmware, make an Pandora Battery and a "Magic" Memory Stick , because if you had some type of brick or semi-brick it will allow fix your PSP.
    2)3.71 M33-2 is unstable... if you planning to put some custom waves or things related make an NAND backup first !And never use the flash1 format option of 3.71 M33-2 ! It's buggy and will brick your PSP easily.

DCEmu Newbie

These are rips from my disc so they should be fine. They are Img files so I mounted them with Alcohol and ripped with ISO buster. What program do u suggest i use?

Try ISOProducer (itīs freeware) to rip the images from the disk. Or mount your images in Alcohol and then create ths iso file using ISO Producer. It aways worked for me ,except in the case of too scrached disks or bad rips.

DCEmu Newbie

how would i go about downgrading from 3.71 M33 to 3.52 M33-4? I still have all the setup files from when i went up to 3.71.

Look for the 3.71 dowgrader (in some topic in this forum) then downgrade to 1.50 and from there you can go to 3.52 M33-4. Or you aways can use Pandora.

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks for the help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information