Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: MapThis 0.5XX development thread..

DCEmu Newbie

@Codaz I can test it - I have holux device. Just tell me what to do here or PM. 10x

DCEmu Newbie

Hi Deniska and Nieko,

First off all... my english is terrible so sorry if I write something wrong.

I'm amazed with this wonderfull map system of yours and I`m wondering if you give me some tips about development.

My questions are:
    - is mapthis gnu? can I modify it? if yes
    - Is the developer language C isn't?
    - What kind of IDE do you use?
    - What compiler I have to use to run the application on psp?
    - How do you debug the application?

Sorry for this "off"questions but here in brazil we dont have to much support for psp and I every time I want something I have to ask/look on the internet.

I really want to modify a bit Mapthis (get some changes on the interface, regionalization and etc) to use it on my language.

Again: sorry for the english and thanks for you time

DCEmu Pro

Not sure if it's under GPL, but yes, you can modify and redistribute it (with source), and it's indeed written in C.

I don't really use an IDE, I code in Vim and use PSPSDK and toolchain to compile Map This!. You can also get the newest version from SVN.

You can debug using psplink and psp-addr2line. Crashes can be caught on FW1.5 with a few built-in functions and on FW3+ with an exception.prx (or something like that).

Sorry for this "off"questions but here in brazil we dont have to much support for psp and I every time I want something I have to ask/look on the internet.

I really want to modify a bit Mapthis (get some changes on the interface, regionalization and etc) to use it on my language.
    Great, I'm curious what you come up with . You do know that you don't need to recompile Map This! to build in internationalization, right? See http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Map_This!#Localization for this.

DCEmu Newbie

Yes, I know that... Ill try to put some options to you change the language from the config file. I found a topic of yours when you startedhttp://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/arc...p/t-64179.html and if I understand well this procedures do not work anymore(with version 5.2)? another thing that i want to do is make mapthis work with multiples speed limits and some changes on the interface and controls... Nieko ... thanks man... you help a lot I ill try to put the dev envirornment working in my machine...

DCEmu Pro

I used to have a PSPSDK+toolchain setup under Cygwin, and that wasn't sufficient for 0.5+ (I think). Under Linux, with latest checkouts from SVN (well, mine's from september) it works just fine.

DCEmu Newbie

Nieko, can I ask you one more question? my english isn't that well so a look the documentation and something is not clear for me... if I have the geodata mapthis can calculate the route for me or I still have to use the GMDL? I found some java classes with the route calculation algorithms and I'm thinking about implement this funciton on map this

DCEmu Pro

Currently geodata is only used for locating an address, not for calculating routes. Deniska was planning on working on this, but I don't know how much progress he's made.

I'm sure we'd all be very interested if you could implement this . You can send him a PM.

Default geodata.c fix/enhancement

I removed the with/what arrays from geodata.c and placed them in a separate file (system/alias.txt). geodata.c no longer holds the alias or substitute functions. utils.c has them now. Anyway it reads the file when needed (and only once, keeping it in memory) I think alias.txt can be changed to handle other languages but I don't read anything except English so I can't test it.

If that is the case then I think we could start including other languages with the source files and have users rename them upon install, perhaps even using the LOCALE environment variable to help the install.

There is a comment at the top of alias.txt telling you how to add new items, but most importantly make a backup prior to playing with the file.

WHY: I had to add a couple of items to be searched on, like LANE -> LN and I thought this would be an easy project for a first attempt at developing on the PSP.

WHAT: Place geodata.c and utils.c in the src directory then recompile. The alias.txt file should be installed in the system/ directory on your PSP.

*** NOTE - There was a typo (cur & paste error to be exact) in the previous zip file - don't use it.
    Last edited by MomboMan4; March 28th, 2008 at 04:40. Reason: typo in previous geodata.c file (part of alias.zip)

DCEmu Pro

Great to see someone else having a go at creating something new, I'm curious what you'll work on next :-).

Quote Originally Posted by MomboMan4 View Post
    I removed the with/what arrays and placed the data in a separate file (system/alias.txt). geodata.c now reads that file when needed (only once, keeping it in memory) I think alias.txt can be changed to handle other languages but I don't read anything but English so I can't test it.

If it can handle other languages then I think we could start including others with the source files (alias_ENGLISH.txt, alias_FRENCH.txt, ...) and have users rename them upon install, or perhaps the makefile using the LOCALE environment variable to help the install.

There is a comment at the top of alias.txt telling you how to add new items, but most importantly make a backup prior to playing with the file. The ordering of the items and spacing inside the quotes is important.

WHY: I had to add a couple of items to be searched on, like LANE -> LN and I thought this would be an easy project for a first attempt at developing on the PSP.

WHAT: Place geodata.c in the src directory then recompile. The alias.txt file should be installed in the system/ directory on your PSP.
    This seems like a reasonable change.. I have no problems merging it to the official code...

Keep in mind that the latest trend in this project is to shift towards vector-line data. So, if I ever finish vector map implementation the geodata thing is going to be extinct...

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread Information