Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: MapThis 0.5XX development thread..

DCEmu Newbie

Hi deniska,can i use mapthis 0.505 on a fat psp running on firmware 3.71 m33?i am using a holux 240.

DCEmu Pro

You could try running it first. If it doesn't work, then describe what's going wrong (after having checked the stickies and searched the forums of course).

Besides, this is a development thread.

DCEmu Newbie

First of all thanks for all your work Deniska and Nieko. I though I would advise on a couple of bugs that I've come across. I have downloaded Nieko's latest version and am running on a fat PSP with 3.52 M33-4 firmware, using 290 gps unit. Tested exsisting route and map from previous Map This (V5.00) on new version Audio does not work also autozoom by speed causes the small scale in top left hand corner to move up but map does not change (this featue is a good idea). I also like the idea of disregarding the midpoints on a programed route as it does get annoying. A further bug is that the speed warning no longer functions.

Just a quick note for Deniska, despite entering a map name in the "STARTUPMAP" in the config file the map always refuses to auto load. however this does happen in Nieko version. Thanks again hopes this info helps further devolopment.

DCEmu Newbie

Okey the test is running great,performance is better and a the turning function from the icons are better than before.

Onehopefullyfixedinfuturewish:

When i switch my PSP short off,for example i go in the supermarket and i come back and switch on,mapthis is going but the map isn`t update the maptiles,only short solution are new maploading.but why do mapthis not reloadet the maptiles after warmstart?

Its not a great problem but it would be usefully.

btw. Happy new Mapthis I like that.

DCEmu Pro

Ivan55: oops . Autozoom is now fixed (see http://stuff.nieko.net/psp/mapthis/m...0-%20Nieko.zip). As for audio, it works just fine here. If the problem persists, could you post the exact files you're using?

I don't see any problems with speed warning, it seems to work just fine here.

(Note: I'm increasing the speed softwarewise, so I don't have to drive around all the time when testing. Sometimes then bugs like you described above slip through, unfortunately.)

DCEmu Pro

Ivan55: oh, you did test the speed warning with GPS mode on, right? The requirements for a speed warning are:
    • First, your speed should be lower than speedlimit;
    • Second, your current speed should be higher than speedlimit;
    • Third, GPS mode should be on.

I increased the speed softwarewise, and at least then it worked just fine.

About STARTUPMAP, I noticed that deniska's version (.505) has a config.txt that has both Unix and DOS linebreaks. This can easily be noticed when opening it in the VIM editor (you'll see "^M" at the end of most lines). The problem with this is that MapThis itself looks for Unix linebreaks, and thus copies extra bytes into the startupmap variable when using DOS linebreaks.

It should work if you copy my config.txt to the official version, as it contains only Unix linebreaks.

Airwave: this could be implemented, but you could also go back to the map selection screen and then put the PSP on standby. When turning it back on, choose your map, and you're good to go again .

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks Nieko, I will download from link in post 35 above and run revised version over the nexr day or so. Re. speed warning yes i changed speed warning to 80 in conf, as when I drive to work I normaly exceed this, and would expect warning as per previous versions (I wonder if it is related to the fact that I had no audio/voice prompts at all. (all worked with Deniska version 5.00). I'll experiment with the diferent conf files and post any further bugs or findings in a day or two.

DCEmu Newbie

Amazing. Looks so great and the new track up/perspective zoom is so polished. Who needs GARMIN? I was mucking about with an older version with no luck, and (on Nieko's advice) dropped this in and it just started working.

Have had the odd lock-up when trying to "read info from GPS device," other than that, golden.

Thanks for all the work!

DCEmu Newbie

I noticed when you press [] to turn the GPS on, then u press again it still says ON, is it supposed to be like that?

DCEmu Pro

alo1234: yes, square is only for turning it on. You can turn it off by moving the cursor. Note that then MapThis will still try to get a fix on satellites, it just won't show where you are anymore.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information