Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dracula X Chronicles: SOTN Full Screen Patch

DCEmu Legend

This game is turning out to be one hell of a package. And priced at only $29.99 USD.... What a value! A nice throwback to the good old days.

DCEmu Regular

For the price it's a great buy. I have waited for a long time to play Dracula X Rondo of Blood on my psp. The emulation of the PC-Engine emulators made playing it kind of disappointing. There are some issues with the emulation of Dracula X in this release. It runs a bit faster than the version on my real Turbo Duo. Also there's quite a few problems with the sound effects, some are way off and hurt my ears. I also don't know why they didn't leave the original sound to the intro, and replaced it with the sound from the remake. There was no need to do that. The new music in the remake is pretty good but it's no where near as good as the PC-Engine soundtrack. The SoTN in this release is nice though, and the new full screen mode from DA makes this even better. The only other complaint I have is with my actual psp. I have/had a Japanese 1.0 psp so my screen is a ghosting mess when I play SotN and Dracula X. I need to replace my lcd with a newer psp one.

DS User

Quote Originally Posted by DarthPaul View Post
    Seems like you have not been very active lately.
    Which in no way justifies POSTING news, linking to a broken destination. If it comes to that the posting of anything linking to "forbidden" sites would be encompassed. Not taking into account childishness of the act. Many already know what the site is, why censor it?

DCEmu Newbie

Any luck with this patch, anyone?
    I patched iso of the umd as in the instructions, and then converted to cso, but when I load SOTN, the borders are still there. Any ideas?

DCEmu Old Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ogm View Post
    Any luck with this patch, anyone?
    I patched iso of the umd as in the instructions, and then converted to cso, but when I load SOTN, the borders are still there. Any ideas?
    Did you make sure the read only attribute was unchecked before applying the patch.

DCEmu Newbie

Lol, it was correctly patched. It seems I just forgot to set full screen in options

PSP User

cheers big D. that was bugging me alot but now it is fixed!

DCEmu Newbie

Dark_AleX released a full-screen patch for the PSP's Castlevania game, Dracula X Chronicles: SOTN. Here's what he has to say:

It is a patch to enable fullscreen in the Symphony of Night included in the game (note: only sotn, this doesn't patch Rondo of Blood).
    It will replace the larger mode with the full screen one.

Instructions:

- Make an iso of the umd. (note: the iso must be decompressed, not cso, you can compress it after the patch if you want).
    - run the program in the command line as "sotn_fs path_of_iso", and done, you can play SOTN at fullscreen.

Via: Dark_AleX

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
    the patch isn't totally working because it only works before the main menu screen appears (the animation before the main menu screen) then after that, it back to normal with borders on both side.. How is it?., what I am supposed to do to make it work?., my Castlevania DXC is Euro version (ULES00841).. please i need your help badly.q;'(

DCEmu Newbie

Dark_AleX released a full-screen patch for the PSP's Castlevania game, Dracula X Chronicles: SOTN. Here's what he has to say:

It is a patch to enable fullscreen in the Symphony of Night included in the game (note: only sotn, this doesn't patch Rondo of Blood).
    It will replace the larger mode with the full screen one.

Instructions:

- Make an iso of the umd. (note: the iso must be decompressed, not cso, you can compress it after the patch if you want).
    - run the program in the command line as "sotn_fs path_of_iso", and done, you can play SOTN at fullscreen.

Via: Dark_AleX

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

the patch isn't totally working because it only works before the main menu screen appears (the animation before the main menu screen) then after that, it back to normal with borders on both side.. How is it?., what I am supposed to do to make it work?., my Castlevania DXC is Euro version (ULES00841).. please i need your help badly.q;'(

DCEmu Pro

There is a CWCheat code that does the same thing.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information