Thread: D-Pad not cutting it..

DCEmu Newbie

Default D-Pad not cutting it..

I was afraid of this....
    First off I am so glad to see the emulation pick up on this thing, its amazing how fast it is evolving, I am just a little dissapointed with the D-pad when playing games like KOF99 Samurai Shodown series etc. It is near impossible to pull of any technical moves, even a fireball or dragon punch for example.
    Does anyone else have this problem?

Yes the psp dpad is 2 spaced apart we know. Plus we know Sony has always had the worst dpad ever because dpads shouldnt be broken it should be connected.

Try using the nub instead, I find that works good with beat-em ups like SF alpha

DCEmu Newbie

It's better but too loose to be consistant. It's a real shame that the d-pad is pox.

DCEmu Newbie

I wonder if theres a way to dremmel out the plastic around the dpad, making it one whole piece?

DCEmu Newbie

Actually, I found this, it might be worth a shot.
    http://www.pspupdates.com/forum/arch...php/t-881.html

DCEmu Rookie

I'd just be happy if someone released a controller converter for the PSP. It seems possible... after all, Logic 3/Spectravision is releasing a keyboard for the system that plugs directly into the USB port.

Alternately, a modification that replaces the PSP's crummy seperated D-pad with the Saturn's exceptional circular D-pad would be a more than satisfactory solution. I just don't know if it would be possible without sacrificing the system's already limited portability.

JR

Thread Information