Thread: GBA games running on the iPhone & iTouch!

Blog Entries

ipod GBA games running on the iPhone & iTouch!

News from Zodttd

Well it took a few days of figuring out how to get the Toolchain 0.30 for iPhone compiled correctly. I finally got that done about 12 hours ago. Within the past few hours I've got gpSP compiled for the iPhone & iTouch. And best of all:

I GOT HOMEBREW / GAMES RUNNING ON THE iPHONE & iTOUCH!

Now the catch is, I still have to implement controls for this port before anything is playable of course. I landed up just skipping the GUI for the file selector and hardcoding a rom path. That will change immediately once I get controls implemented. After that the next step will be sound.

Also keep in mind I am currently using the interpreter for this initial build. I will switch over to the ARM dynarec very shortly.

A huge thanks goes to Exophase for creating his very well made GBA emulator, gpSP. Without it, GBA on handhelds such as this wouldn't be worth it.

Expect a release of gpSP for the iPhone & iTouch shortly, as in, within day(s). In the meantime, what should this project be called? It must begin with "gpSP".

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wraggster View Post
    News from Zodttd

Well it took a few days of figuring out how to get the Toolchain 0.30 for iPhone compiled correctly. I finally got that done about 12 hours ago. Within the past few hours I've got gpSP compiled for the iPhone & iTouch. And best of all:

I GOT HOMEBREW / GAMES RUNNING ON THE iPHONE & iTOUCH!

Now the catch is, I still have to implement controls for this port before anything is playable of course. I landed up just skipping the GUI for the file selector and hardcoding a rom path. That will change immediately once I get controls implemented. After that the next step will be sound.

Also keep in mind I am currently using the interpreter for this initial build. I will switch over to the ARM dynarec very shortly.

A huge thanks goes to Exophase for creating his very well made GBA emulator, gpSP. Without it, GBA on handhelds such as this wouldn't be worth it.

Expect a release of gpSP for the iPhone & iTouch shortly, as in, within day(s). In the meantime, what should this project be called? It must begin with "gpSP".
    ayeh... if he is fast enough, it would be the worldwide second emulator on iphone's good luck sir

btw... get your legal gba rom plug from -> http://pdroms.de/files/gameboyadvance/

Thread Information