Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PSP Quake 1 ver. 1.0

P.S. It will become more the awesome, if you implement Ad-Hock support and add v-sync option! :roll:

Quote Originally Posted by Be3f View Post
    Did you modify offical Quake V2 sources, or used Quake V3 beta as a base?
    I get the source from their svn repository on sourceforge site but judging from things that was already implemented it was 'Quake V3 beta'

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Killer View Post
    i have created lots of maps but i donīt placed lights on the map.
    If you have a map without any lights then you should set 'r_fullbright' console variable to '1' which will make engine ignore precomputed lightmaps (which are not there in this case) and use uniform lighting instead

Quote Originally Posted by Raziel-chan View Post
    Are you considering updating the Hexen II port? I can't get it to run on my slim psp, even with eloader. Just asking :3
    I have recompiled Hexen II in user mode and it seem to run without problems on my PSP with fw3.40 OE.
    So if you want to try running it on Slim PSP there is link
    below (I dont have a Slim PSP so I cannot test if it works)

http://jurajstyk.host.sk/files/hexen...EBOOT_ONLY.zip

There is just eboot inside package so if you need the other files too they are here: http://jurajstyk.host.sk/download.htm

Quote Originally Posted by jurajstyk View Post
    I have recompiled Hexen II in user mode and it seem to run without problems on my PSP with fw3.40 OE.
    So if you want to try running it on Slim PSP there is link
    below (I dont have a Slim PSP so I cannot test if it works)

http://jurajstyk.host.sk/files/hexen...EBOOT_ONLY.zip

There is just eboot inside package so if you need the other files too they are here: http://jurajstyk.host.sk/download.htm
    Yes! It works perfectly (other than PSP's own analog nub wonkiness - if I want to aim precisely, it's too slow when turning around, while if I want to turn around fast, it's too imprecise to aim accurately :3). I haven't tested it with it sound, but, as of now, it works flawlessly.

Still, I'll probably play quake more due to the silky-smooth HW rendering o.0

Anyway, thanks, thanks and a thousand times thanks! You are the best!

cya
    Raziel-chan

jurajstyk some small bugs in HW build: skybox doesn't reload while changing a level (previous level's sky is renderen on all next lvls!) Little artifacts appear, when you swim in the water. Sprites have no bilinear interpolation.

3.XX HW kernel build, allocating extra 32MB heap from 64MB PSP-Slim RAM and using 3.XX fw modules (such as net modules, supporting WPA encoding for routers, instead of 1.5 fw net modules) seems to a good idea!

Is there any chance to increase heap size? PSP-phat has 24 MB user-RAM partition, of cource boot files eat some memory, but you allocate only 18-19Mb total memory?

Oh, and i can only imagine Hexen II with HW rendering on PSP...

Huge thanks after all!!

How about the analog nub tolerance and acceleration options in the next release? Take a look: http://emergencyexit.untergrund.net/...nt-in-quake-2/
    Quote Originally Posted by code by McZonk
    float calcInput(unsigned char axis, float speed, float tol, float acc) {
    float t = ((float)axis / 128.0f) - 1.0f;
    if(t == 0.0f) {
    return 0.0f;
    }
    float a = fabs(t);
    if(a < tol) {
    return 0.0f;
    }
    a -= tol;
    a /= (1.0f - tol);
    a = powf(a, acc);
    a *= speed;
    if(t < 0.0f) {
    t = -a;
    } else {
    t = a;
    }
    return t;
    }

Quote Originally Posted by Be3f View Post
    jurajstyk
    skybox doesn't reload while changing a level

Is there any chance to increase heap size? PSP-phat has 24 MB user-RAM partition, of cource boot files eat some memory, but you allocate only 18-19Mb total memory?
    Yes the sky texture is not reloaded (that's bug)

I guess some of the available memory is taken by loaded modules. With SW version i could get to use slightly over 20 MB memmory but HW version would not run above 19 MB (Maybe it's because Graphic Chip uses some part of it for caching)

DCEmu Coder

Hi jurajstyk, excellent work on finishing off the hardware version port! I've been trying to compile your source code, but have been getting these errors:

Code:
    In file included from ../quakedef.h(266) ,
                     from battery.cpp(25) :
    ../psp/video_hardware.h(22) :22: error: psptypes.h: No such file or directory
    ../psp/video_hardware.h(161) : error: 'ScePspFMatrix4' does not name a type
    battery.cpp(35) : error: 'scePowerGetBatteryLifePercent' was not declared in thi
    s scope
    battery.cpp(36) : error: 'scePowerGetBatteryChargingStatus' was not declared in
    this scope
    battery.cpp: In function 'void quake::battery::check()':
    battery.cpp(41) : error: 'scePowerIsBatteryExist' was not declared in this scope

battery.cpp(48) : error: 'scePowerGetBatteryLifePercent' was not declared in thi
    s scope
    battery.cpp(49) : error: 'scePowerGetBatteryChargingStatus' was not declared in
    this scope
    battery.cpp(71) : error: 'scePowerGetBatteryLifeTime' was not declared in this s
    cope
    make: *** [battery.o] Error 1
    Thats when I run the build_hw_km.bat file.

I'm also using the PSPDev Environment for Win32 by xorloser, any ideas? Do you have a special setup, or use an updated sdk inside of pspdev?

EDIT: Hmm, it seems to compile fine in cygwin, strange :P ignore this post!

DCEmu Newbie

Unhappy

sorry for stupid question, but could not solve this by my own - where i have to put my mp3's so they can be played in quake?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information