Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PSP Quake 1 ver. 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by frukc View Post
    sorry for stupid question, but could not solve this by my own - where i have to put my mp3's so they can be played in quake?
    The 'readme.txt' file supplied with the game is named like that for a reason... Read me... I compel thee to read my black and white lettery glory...

MP#s go in <gamedir>/mp3, where <gamedir> is the directory where you have the eboot file and mp3 is a subdirectory within it.

cya
    Raziel-chan

Quote Originally Posted by jurajstyk
    Yes the sky texture is not reloaded (that's bug)
    Ok, how about sprites filtering? Seems like they slowdown the framerate much in the huge scenes with blowing grenades... (

I can't load any files (maps, demos, cfgs) from the console - works only via autoexec.cfg (HW_KM installed into PSP/GAME dir with 1.50 kernel in the recovery, firmware 3.40 OE-A)! Can only change settings.

About music - i've dumped Quake-CD into mp3 96Kb/s 44KHz... WOW it's like magic, unbeleavable!!! I can't untedstand, how could i play quake on PSP without music! But i don't understand one thing: there are 10 tracks on the Quake-CD, so i've got 01-10.mp3s on the Memory Stick, but some Quake levels (eg: E1M6and E2M4) require file 11.mp3 Emm, sorry, WTF? o_O

Perfomance is extremely high! Timedemo demo1 results in 90,8 average FPS on 333 MHz! (closed "Quake V3 beta" with no lightmapping ran at 106,5 FPS - just a lil slowdown in Quake 1.0, but awesome graphics inprovement!) With music it gets 61,7 FPS - yes, framerate dropps down, but it is reasonable sacrafice for the huge atmosphere, Replaying compaign on the Nigthmare difficulty =)

Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Be3f View Post
    I can't load any files (maps, demos, cfgs) from the console - works only via autoexec.cfg

10 tracks on the Quake-CD, so i've got 01-10.mp3s on the Memory Stick, but some Quake levels (eg: E1M6and E2M4) require file 11.mp3 Emm, sorry, WTF? o_O
    Loading maps and demos should work from console. (maps should be in id1\maps subdirectory and demos in id1 subdirectory)

Ex:
    to play demo33.dem file placed in Id1 directory type:
    timedemo demo33
    or
    playdemo demo33

to load map test1.bsp placed in Id1\maps directory type:
    map test1

Sorry, the mp3 files should be actually named 02.mp3 to 11.mp3 since track 1 is actually a data track on original CD (It's written wrong in the readme because I assumed that data track would be as track 0 but it is actually as track 1)

Can someone recommend sites where you can download new Mods or Maps?
    I remeber I've seen some Mods that looked like whole new games a few years ago.
    I'm not sure if these where Mods or just used the Engine or whatever.
    Hopefully, someone can explain it for dummies

Quote Originally Posted by jurajstyk View Post
    maps should be in id1\maps subdirectory and demos in id1 subdirectory
    S
    Of cource i put maps in the right folders and can load them from the autoexec.cfg, but the same commands (e.g. map test1) don't work in the console! (says "can't load maps/test1.bsp" or something like this) Have no idea why...
    Quote Originally Posted by jurajstyk View Post
    Sorry, the mp3 files should be actually named 02.mp3 to 11.mp3 since track 1 is actually a data track on original CD
    Oh, thanks, i see... Another mistake in the readme: MP3 folder must be in the root of the Quake-PSP dir, not in the id1

=================================

I've made a new PIC1.PNG (using Quake boxart) and edited ICON0.PNG, added SND0.AT3 (small part of the Metallica - Nothing Else Matters) and recompiled Hardware Kernel EBOOT with no kxploit (single EBOOT, no second dir with %). That's how it's displayed in the PSP XMB:

Download the EBOOT here

If you like this EBOOT-art jurajstyk, include it into the next release

very nice indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Be3f View Post
    Of cource i put maps in the right folders and can load them from the autoexec.cfg, but the same commands (e.g. map test1) don't work in the console! (says "can't load maps/test1.bsp" or something like this) Have no idea why...
    Was it Couldn't spawn server message?
    It seems that for maps inside pak files name included after map command must have correct case.
    map start would work but
    map START will result in Couldn't spawn server maps/START.bsp

Top rows in OSK are lowercase and bottom rows are uppercase letters.

Quote Originally Posted by jurajstyk
    It seems that for maps inside pak files name included after map command must have correct case.
    map start would work but
    map START will result in Couldn't spawn server maps/START.bsp

Top rows in OSK are lowercase and bottom rows are uppercase letters.
    Oh, that's it, i'm dumb, thanx again!

How about the Ad-Hock in the next release? It was already implemented in the Q-PSP V2 by PeterM & CSwindle and you've also implemented it into your Hexen-II PSP port! :thumbup:

Ingame (GUI or console) cmdlines/mods loader could also be excelent, if possible...

DCEmu Rookie

Could someone tell me how to add a "file" in order to add command lines. TxT file isn't working, so what type of file do I need to add and to what directory?

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured out how to do it.
    For those who want to know, here's the steps to take.

1) Go into your computers start menu (click on Start bar/button) and go into All Programs=>Accessories=>Command Prompt (different folders)
    2) Once inside Command Prompt, type in copy con quake.cmdline and press enter
    3) Now on the next line add any command line you want from the readme file provided in the PSPQuake folder. I wanted to up the speed to 333 mhz, so I typed in -cpu333 and pressed enter.
    (Note- Add as many command lines you want, just keep following step 3)
    4) Once you finish adding all your command lines you wanted, hold the control button (ctrl button on keyboard) and the letter z (also on keyboard). Press enter and the file will be saved wherever the command propt said it would (mine is defaulted to look in directory C:\Documents and Settings\da1writer).
    5) Copy the file into the main PSPQuake directory where the main eboot is at. Play game and you will see the command line options you did are working!

Hope that helps a few people out...

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=80087 - Psp Slim Optimized build/sources from Cpasjuste

Quote Originally Posted by MDave @ ps2dev.org forum
    Oh and here's a temporary fix for the player skins in multiplayer (dosn't use the color's set in the options, but better then the garbage that's usually seen.)

In video_hardware_main.cpp, in the R_DrawAliasModel function:
    Code:
    Code:
    change this line: 

if (currententity->colormap != vid.colormap/* && !gl_nocolors.value*/) 

into: 

if (currententity->colormap != vid.colormap && 0)
    (http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.p...6032bd71#61240)

Are all textures cashed in the video memory, or in the main RAM? Now there is enough RAM for mipmaps, or even hi-rez textures with mips In PSP-Slim. Can anyone imlement the additional textures support to the Slim version, like almost all modern PCQuake-ports have? With 16 bit color (the best solution is imho GU_COLOR_5650 - perfomance/quality balance), higher resolutions and standart format (better TGA). I guess that 96x96 or 128x128 res (instead of original 32x32) for textures will be the best compromice (quality/memory/perfomance), and mipmapping will save high framerate...

I have a huge collection of defferent Quake-retexturing PAKs (and the unique compilation of the best textures from these packs - all 600+ textures are remastered very professionaly!) and wanna play around with them in Irfan View for Quake-PSPSlim, but i'm noob in C coding...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information