Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MS confirms downloadable Xbox games, free Carcassonne for Live anniv

Blog Entries

xbox 360 MS confirms downloadable Xbox games, free Carcassonne for Live anniv

To mark the fifth anniversary of the Xbox Live service, Microsoft will be offering Carcassonne (Hexic 2 in Korea) free to all subscribers for 48 hours starting at 12:01 a.m. EST on Nov. 15th (and presumably nothing to the peeps who already plunked down for the virtual board game), along with 500 Microsoft Points to the ten folks who've been on board since 2002 -- see kids, early adoption does pay off! In addition, Microsoft has confirmed earlier reports that 'Xbox Originals' will be made available for download starting Dec. 4th as part of the Fall Update (the update's additional features have yet to be revealed). Each game can be purchased and downloaded for 1200 points ($15).

In its press release, Microsoft explicitly named Halo, Psychonauts, Crimson Skies and Fable as titles for the Xbox Originals initiative, but did not confirm exactly which games will serve as the jumpoff: "This new service will launch with an array of blockbuster titles spanning the most popular genres from action-adventure to classic role-playing games." Third-party reports claim the preliminary lineup will include Halo, Fable, Indigo Prophecy, Crimson Skies, Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath Of Cortex and Burnout 3.

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/11/13/ms...ne-for-live-a/

OMG I HOPE THIS DOSEN'T MEAN THEY WILL STOP RELEASING B/C EMULATION PROFILES! And Im serious, with DRM and a 20GB harddrive (On a majority of consoles) this will be hard to pitch if they shut off the emulation updates. But if they do that they will probably release a incetive for buying over live, if you already own the game that is.

It's always nice to get free XBLA games!

But the file sizes would be very big..

Quote Originally Posted by JKKDARK View Post
    But the file sizes would be very big..
    I don't think downloadable xbox 1 games will be a big hot like M$ thinks they will. They only way I can see this being successful is if they add achievements or extra content to games.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooksyX View Post
    I don't think downloadable xbox 1 games will be a big hot like M$ thinks they will. They only way I can see this being successful is if they add achievements or extra content to games.
    I mean it would be cool, but im not paying 15$ for a game i already own and have beaten. or one that i could probably pick up for 5-10$ somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Man View Post
    I mean it would be cool, but im not paying 15$ for a game i already own and have beaten. or one that i could probably pick up for 5-10$ somewhere.
    Right there with ya man, I could pick those up at a any bargain bin for under $10

Quote Originally Posted by Man View Post
    Exactly, I don't see how Microsoft sees any logic behind this, especially since the majority of 360 owners only have a 20 gb Hdd or even less if they only have a memory card.

Well if they make really rare games avalible on the service, it might kick off. I mean look at PS1 games on the PS3 a ton of people buy those. This could be a publisher's second shot to try and make some money off a game that was good but sold poorly, assuiming they still get a cut of the profits here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information