Thread: PS3 DualShock 3 rumbles all compatible PS2 games

ps3 PS3 DualShock 3 rumbles all compatible PS2 games

via Eurogamer

Sony has confirmed to Eurogamer that all PlayStation 2 titles that support rumble and are compatible with PS3 will also rumble if you use the new DualShock 3 pad.

During last week's hands-on with the new controller, we noted that PS2 rumble seemed to be disabled. Since then, PS3 firmware 2.0 has quietly introduced support.

The news from Sony adds to anecdotal evidence from eager importers who reported success getting rumble out of games like Rez and Katamari Damacy.

PlayStation 3 games that already support the pad include MotorStorm, Resistance: Fall of Man and Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction.

So, another reason to put one on your shopping list, although you might have to wait a while if you opt for an import - the demand, not to mention price, seems pretty high. The official European and US release date for DualShock 3 is spring 2008.

DCEmu Legend

That sucks its taking them so long to get it here to the states. I want another controller so I can play 4 player games with friends but there is no point in buying a standard Sixaxis when a Dual-Shock 3 is on the way...

It'll probably take longer to reach Europe than the US. Still, I was hoping that the news Dualshock 3 would support rumble for PS2 titles and it looks like my wish has come true.

Can't wait to finally play resistance with a little rumble. Finally my opponents hands will shake after I scope them down

Anybody know how heavier these controllers are going to be?

Good. Now we need more compatible PS2 games on PS3

Thread Information