Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Yabause for PSP Released - Sega Saturn Emulator for PSP

DCEmu Newbie

I'm with Exophase on this one.

I know many authors get so much $#@! by ingrateful fans, but really, what is the point of this? There is not one decent saturn emulator for PC much less PSP and projects like this get abandoned after the first release.

Most of these releases are done just to get a bunch of $#@!s online congratulating them for releasing something that is utterly pointless.

If someone released a PS2 emulator for gameboy people would laugh and mock them, why not in this instance?

DCEmu Newbie

Honestly, not giving much care for the flaming bashes of might:

I'd love to play Panzer Dragoon Saga, Dragonforce, Shining Force, etc on my PSP

Dream Coder

Quote Originally Posted by troom View Post
    failte mr denny is it just me or does exo come across kind of like a $#@! no offence.
    Not only is the person who ported this breaking copyright law, but they are being cheered for it. On top of that what they have done is literally without merit. Yes, attention grabbing and headline making, but quite pointless.

This doesn't encourage anyone to work on it, because anyone who COULD actually make headway already knows that it may be possible and doesn't need this to let them know.

Quote Originally Posted by Chackan View Post
    Honestly, not giving much care for the flaming bashes of might:

I'd love to play Panzer Dragoon Saga, Dragonforce, Shining Force, etc on my PSP
    The point is that this is not something that would lead to that, at all.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by quzar View Post
    Not only is the person who ported this breaking copyright law, but they are being cheered for it. On top of that what they have done is literally without merit. Yes, attention grabbing and headline making, but quite pointless.
    Has it occurred to anyone that ports like this probably aren't for for attention grabbing and are most likely made as a proof of concept.

Also I don't see what Exophase's problem is, who cares if it never reaches fullspeed.

DCEmu Newbie

You cant blame for kids the getting all worked up over this, they have no clue of whats possible and what kind of power you need to emulate certain consoles and OS's, they also believe they will get a full speed N64 emulator which plays Zelda and Perfect Dark.

Everyone else knows this is a complete waste of time, the PSP emulation scene is pretty much done with, after perhaps SEGA CD emulation.

DCEmu Rookie

just a tech demo, completely useless. Now if she used that time to port a Sega Cd emulator that would lead to somewhere... maybe....

I just don't mind. Things like this pops up once in a while but it's nothing to get excited about, for good or for bad. I loved the good 'ol days when the first NeoGeo / CPS1/ CPS2/Gsp emus came out. THAT WAS EXCITING!! and actually usable!

The only way Sega Saturn emulator would be possible on PSP would be to somehow reverse-engineer it out of Princess Crown for PSP. I have both the Sega Saturn and the PSP version and more than half of the games files on the PSP's vesion were exactly the same as the Sega Saturn's version.

I know a few people here might remember a while back, rumors of Giri-Giri supposedly being snatched up by SEGA, utilized and further developed-on as a proprietary emulator. I think that is what you see when you are looking at Princess Crown for PSP. So unless someone can find a way to extract it and hack it and somehow run other Saturn code on it kind of like POPS then I highly doubt there will be a decent Saturn emulator ever. That's just my 2 cents.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by beelzebub06660 View Post
    The only way Sega Saturn emulator would be possible on PSP would be to somehow reverse-engineer it out of Princess Crown for PSP. I have both the Sega Saturn and the PSP version and more than half of the games files on the PSP's vesion were exactly the same as the Sega Saturn's version.

I know a few people here might remember a while back, rumors of Giri-Giri supposedly being snatched up by SEGA, utilized and further developed-on as a proprietary emulator. I think that is what you see when you are looking at Princess Crown for PSP. So unless someone can find a way to extract it and hack it and somehow run other Saturn code on it kind of like POPS then I highly doubt there will be a decent Saturn emulator ever. That's just my 2 cents.
    That doesnt mean its running on emulation and i VERY much doubt it is considering the complex hardware, thats like saying Powerstone on PSP has half the files of the Dreamcast version so it must have a DC emulator running it, or a PS2 game ect... list goes on.

Dream Coder

Quote Originally Posted by repuken2 View Post
    just a tech demo, completely useless. Now if she used that time to port a Sega Cd emulator that would lead to somewhere... maybe....

I just don't mind. Things like this pops up once in a while but it's nothing to get excited about, for good or for bad. I loved the good 'ol days when the first NeoGeo / CPS1/ CPS2/Gsp emus came out. THAT WAS EXCITING!! and actually usable!
    The thing is, calling this a tech demo is insulting to all those people who write REAL tech demos out there. All of these projects are simply portable C code, which can be compiled to run an any system with a C compiler and an appropriate amount of memory. Yabause specifically uses SDL and OpenGL so it's EXTREMELY portable. Odds are if we were to be able to see the source code, it would have maybe 20 lines changed in order to get it to run on the PSP.

This doesn't demonstrate any kind of new technical aspect, nor disprove any prior conceptions as to the PSP's capabilities.

A 3D shooter in 96kb is a tech demo. These are tech demos. Demoscene works like for the Dreamcast are demos. This is a silly easy port.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

Yeah I guess your right "Idid" I wasn't really thinking about it in that way I guess. I was too busy thinking about some rumors that I had come across and was basically thinking out-loud. Although I am right with everyone who thinks there will never be an actually playable Saturn emulator on the PSP.

Once there's a Sega CD emulator and N64 Emulation is perfected(as much as possible) there probably won't be much else to emulate anymore on PSP, except ATARI Jaguar and Phillips CDi :rofl:

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information