Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Yabause for PSP Released - Sega Saturn Emulator for PSP

PSP Coder

*king Dcemu. (having serious posting issues here).

----------------------
    Freaking hell. Why did the guy be so lazy to port VideoSoft and not VideoOGL? It would take less then an hour to do and would net a better framerate and compatibility (I had better luck with VideoOGL on a test port i did).

This person is seriously getting anoying.

Also did anybody get something to run? What was the fps?

Dream Coder

Quote Originally Posted by PSmonkey View Post
    *king Dcemu. (having serious posting issues here).

----------------------
    Freaking hell. Why did the guy be so lazy to port VideoSoft and not VideoOGL? It would take less then an hour to do and would net a better framerate and compatibility (I had better luck with VideoOGL on a test port i did).

This person is seriously getting anoying.

Also did anybody get something to run? What was the fps?
    Makefile port. It doesn't require any knowledge of C, just a template makefile for an SDL project, then anything that doesn't let the project compile gets #if 0'd out. That's how I first learned (from Ian Micheal) ages and ages ago. It's fun until you realize that getting something to compile and run is very different from poting it.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

DCEmu Coder

Quote Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff View Post
    You could be right but they did also release a Devil Summoner PSP port at around the same time, so it makes more sense that they developed an emulator for both of them rather than waste resources porting them both over separately. I don't know how deep Atlus's back catalog of Saturn games is but maybe they didn't perform well enough at retail to justify releasing any more games, who knows?
    It's much easier to port two games than to write a Saturn emulator. Especially for a handheld that can't handle it at all.

Lots of PS1 era games were ported to PSP (yeah, I know Sony did an emulator too but a lot of ones were done that don't use it), so not surprising that a couple of Saturn ones would be too.

By the way, the rumor was that GiriGiri was used. GiriGiri couldn't run anywhere near fullspeed playing Panzer Dragoon Saga on my 850MHz Celeron, which is much much more powerful than a 222MHz PSP.
    http://gpsp-dev.blogspot.com/

I haven't quit gpSP, just put it on hiatus for a while.

Games like Super Mario Advance 3, Riviera and Sword of Mana actually DO work in gpSP, believe it or not. If they don't work for you then you're using the faulty BIOS. Don't argue with me, it's true; the sooner you accept this the sooner you can move on.

DCEmu Rookie

But it still could be used for lower requirement saturn games if it is an emulator, worth checking out maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Exophase View Post
    By the way, the rumor was that GiriGiri was used. GiriGiri couldn't run anywhere near fullspeed playing Panzer Dragoon Saga on my 850MHz Celeron, which is much much more powerful than a 222MHz PSP.
    I guarantee that that part is rumor.

IT'S PSDONKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That poseur!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DCEmu Newbie

hearin some people talk about a sega cd emulator being possible makes me excited. i never would have thought about it before someone brought it up...but my favorite game ever was on sega cd (lunar). yea, i know saturn is out of the question...but if someone was to make a sega cd emulator....i would forsake all others before them.

DCEmu Regular

Someone did make a Sega-CD emulator. It's by Notaz called Picodrive and I'm playing it on my GP2X. Actually I have been playing Vay and Lunar the past couple nights. Anyways...since when did anyone in here ever care about the Sega Saturn anyway. All I ever used to read in here was if someone was talking about bad games/consoles a lot of people would bring up the Sega Saturn. I would always get so pissed since the Saturn is my favorite console next to my Turbo Duo. All of a sudden a $#@!ty half assed port comes along and everyone is excited thinking that something like this could one day play all these games. If I was Exophase I would've saved my breath and let everyone think that one day...just one day this could be full speed. Shame on DCEMU for even posting this as news.

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Exophase View Post
    It's much easier to port two games than to write a Saturn emulator. Especially for a handheld that can't handle it at all.

Lots of PS1 era games were ported to PSP (yeah, I know Sony did an emulator too but a lot of ones were done that don't use it), so not surprising that a couple of Saturn ones would be too.

Have you tried any less demanding games on GiriGiri? PDS is probably one of the most demanding games on the Saturn. I would imagine that the difficulty in emulating the Saturn comes from making sure the two main processors sync up properly, so if games like Princess Crown and Devil Summoner don't use the tacked-on 3D processor then it would take far less work to emulate them. I know that with every Saturn emulator I've used, the 2D games I've tested run a lot faster than the 3D games I've tested.

PSP Coder

Quote Originally Posted by John Vattic View Post
    IT'S PSDONKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That poseur!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ?? where?

Sofiyacat is Exophase !!!! lol litle joke...But, is this coder that make Youtube for psp ?

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information