Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Yabause for PSP Released - Sega Saturn Emulator for PSP

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Exophase View Post
    Great, SofiyaCat blindly ports yet another emulator that PSP is woefully incapable of playing acceptably. Don't waste your breath saying "one day this might be fullspeed", she's probably already forgotten about Saturn and has moved on to trying to port PCSX2 or lxdream instead.

In before all the people saying "you said Saturn emulation was impossible but you were WRONG."

Does this one actually have controls emulated at least? The DSeMuMe and Red Dragon ports didn't.

By the way, both this and her Red Dragon port are outright GPL violations. Not that I expect DCEmu to care ever.
    omg...go eat some hormone tablets

the only thing we got left for the psp is faster N64 emulation! after that i can die happy

Blog Entries

Good lord what a useless thread. Any respectable homebrew user knows that this is nothing more that a "Hey looks at me!" release.. This will NEVER be anything but that and wont ever be usable for anything.

However that PS2 emulator im porting to psp is gonna be awesome.... :P

DCEmu Coder

Quote Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff View Post
    Have you tried any less demanding games on GiriGiri? PDS is probably one of the most demanding games on the Saturn. I would imagine that the difficulty in emulating the Saturn comes from making sure the two main processors sync up properly, so if games like Princess Crown and Devil Summoner don't use the tacked-on 3D processor then it would take far less work to emulate them. I know that with every Saturn emulator I've used, the 2D games I've tested run a lot faster than the 3D games I've tested.
    Nope, that was all I tested. You're probably right, but I think that the difference is probably not that large. Probably every game uses both VDP1 and VDP2 since VDP1 generates sprites (textures are basically transformed sprites). Actually, VDP1 seems realistic to hardware accelerate for the most part, but VDP2 is much trickier and pretty demanding to do in software (this is what generates all the 2D tiled graphics). Devil Summoner is a 3D game, btw. In the same style as Persona 1.

If a game absolutely didn't use the slave SH2, the SCU, the 68k, and the sound DSP, and went easy on the graphics, then I'd believe it might be possible, but I'm still pretty skeptical. At 222MHz with one CPU even PS1 emulation would be problematic (Sony's emulator can clock higher and uses the media engine)

If it was not doing all of that then I'd hesitate to call it a Saturn emulator. I also expect that we'd be seeing more partially-done Saturn emulators that actually played a few games quickly, but I've never noticed anything like this being released. Partially done Saturn emulators always seemed to be doomed to just running part of the BIOS.
    http://gpsp-dev.blogspot.com/

I haven't quit gpSP, just put it on hiatus for a while.

Games like Super Mario Advance 3, Riviera and Sword of Mana actually DO work in gpSP, believe it or not. If they don't work for you then you're using the faulty BIOS. Don't argue with me, it's true; the sooner you accept this the sooner you can move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Exophase View Post
    If a game absolutely didn't use the slave SH2, the SCU, the 68k, and the sound DSP, and went easy on the graphics, then I'd believe it might be possible, but I'm still pretty skeptical. At 222MHz with one CPU even PS1 emulation would be problematic (Sony's emulator can clock higher and uses the media engine)
    And you know how Saturn can be hard to code, don't you? I can say for sure that we'll NEVER have a Saturn emulator on PSP at full speed. :'(

I think that Dreamcast is still impossible on PSP, but is easier than Saturn.

Y....a.....y!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by brunobelo View Post
    And you know how Saturn can be hard to code, don't you? I can say for sure that we'll NEVER have a Saturn emulator on PSP at full speed. :'(

I think that Dreamcast is still impossible on PSP, but is easier than Saturn.
    Ahahahahahahahaha you're kidding right?

Gah you people are ALL nuts (except of course those respected devs )

DCEmu Regular

Cheers to all the TRUE coders, like Exophase, quzar and BlueCrab.

This "port" is only to make n00bs scream "OMG SOFIYACAT OWNZZZZ!!111eleven!11one", no use at all.

Trying to create a PSP specific emulator using well coded dynamic recompilation, well, that's an emulator.

DCEmu Coder

Quote Originally Posted by dgbbad View Post
    hearin some people talk about a sega cd emulator being possible makes me excited. i never would have thought about it before someone brought it up...but my favorite game ever was on sega cd (lunar). yea, i know saturn is out of the question...but if someone was to make a sega cd emulator....i would forsake all others before them.
    Oh really?

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information