Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Yabause for PSP Released - Sega Saturn Emulator for PSP

Blog Entries

psp Yabause for PSP Released - Sega Saturn Emulator for PSP

SofiyaCat has today popped up with a test release of the Sega Saturn emulator Yabause for the PSP. this emulator has been ported to Dreamcast by DCemu UKs very own BlueCrab so its nice and very interesting to see it ported to PSP.

Be under no illusion that this is basically a tech demo but how cool

You will need a saturn bios too

DIGG THIS

Download and Give Feedback and Compat Reports Via Comments and please post working screens
    via SofiyaCat

Sounds interesting.

Maybe one day we'll see a full speed emulator.

yeah hope it will be able to work on both psps silm and fat slim might have a better chance including the ds emu too!

Oh yeah, I'm going to download and give this a test drive!

@wraggster: By the way, didn't you mean BlueCrab instead of Bluemac?

sounds very interesting nice job sofiyacat
    Come Visit Homebrew Heaven, Where you'll find the latest gaming news and downloads!

View My Coding Blog

The Return of The Lounge!
    Mario Gold Rush
    Current C++ Project: To be Announced soon on Homebrew Heaven

Currently Coding in: C++ for the PSP

DCEmu Coder

Great, SofiyaCat blindly ports yet another emulator that PSP is woefully incapable of playing acceptably. Don't waste your breath saying "one day this might be fullspeed", she's probably already forgotten about Saturn and has moved on to trying to port PCSX2 or lxdream instead.

In before all the people saying "you said Saturn emulation was impossible but you were WRONG."

Does this one actually have controls emulated at least? The DSeMuMe and Red Dragon ports didn't.

By the way, both this and her Red Dragon port are outright GPL violations. Not that I expect DCEmu to care ever.
    http://gpsp-dev.blogspot.com/

I haven't quit gpSP, just put it on hiatus for a while.

Games like Super Mario Advance 3, Riviera and Sword of Mana actually DO work in gpSP, believe it or not. If they don't work for you then you're using the faulty BIOS. Don't argue with me, it's true; the sooner you accept this the sooner you can move on.

Ahahahaha.... Nifty. I'll have to play with this when I get home.

I'd really like to see SofiyaCat release the code to all these awesome breakthroughs, though. He/She seems to have a history of port-'em-and-leave-'em (with the exception of the YouTube browser)

Getting an initial port is a brave kick in the pants to start interest in a project (especially several that were considered to be impossible), but with all the projects SofiyaCat's started, I'd be shocked if they have enough time to refine them all.

Releasing the source to the community, though, would let many hands make the work lighter and possibly give the PSP community even MORE to be truly proud of!

Dream Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Exophase View Post
    Great, SofiyaCat blindly ports yet another emulator that PSP is woefully incapable of playing acceptably. Don't waste your breath saying "one day this might be fullspeed", she's probably already forgotten about Saturn and has moved on to trying to port PCSX2 or lxdream instead.

In before all the people saying "you said Saturn emulation was impossible but you were WRONG."

Does this one actually have controls emulated at least? The DSeMuMe and Red Dragon ports didn't.

By the way, both this and her Red Dragon port are outright GPL violations. Not that I expect DCEmu to care ever.
    Quoted for truth.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

WHAT THE?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    ????????????????????
    They have told me INFINITE times in the past, in ALL PSP homebrew forums that a Saturn or Sega CD emulator is COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE on the PSP, and stuff like that.
    Now don't start bashing, I know that Saturn emulators are not perfect even on supercomputers and I suppose this one doesn't do 5 frames on gameplay, but you never now what happens.

DCEmu Coder

Quote Originally Posted by yoshinatsu View Post
    WHAT THE?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    ????????????????????
    They have told me INFINITE times in the past, in ALL PSP homebrew forums that a Saturn or Sega CD emulator is COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE on the PSP, and stuff like that.
    Now don't start bashing, I know that Saturn emulators are not perfect even on supercomputers and I suppose this one doesn't do 5 frames on gameplay, but you never now what happens.
    Dude, shut up. Whoever told you Saturn is impossible was either an idiot or really meant that it's impossible to emulate at full speed (or even "good" speed). Sega CD is entirely possible to do full speed, but that has nothing to do with this.

I do know what will happen. This will go nowhere. This port means nothing. It does not represent a tangible amount of work. It is not a brave initiative. It is not "a start." All it is is a great way to get the hopes up of people who don't know any better.

And this will keep happening with every one of these ports and no one will learn.

Tesseract; Actually, SofiyaCat is legally required to release the source code for this particular port. I doubt it'll happen though. Not like it matters, anyone who is capable of improving such a port would be more than capable of just redoing the porting part themselves.
    http://gpsp-dev.blogspot.com/

I haven't quit gpSP, just put it on hiatus for a while.

Games like Super Mario Advance 3, Riviera and Sword of Mana actually DO work in gpSP, believe it or not. If they don't work for you then you're using the faulty BIOS. Don't argue with me, it's true; the sooner you accept this the sooner you can move on.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information