Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo DS and WPA encryption

Default Nintendo DS and WPA encryption

does anybody know whether nintendo have released a fix or update or anything that enables the ds to be used with a WPA encrypted wifi network?

it's been almost 4 years since the thing was released and i haven't heard anything of the sort

or are there any homebrew hacks that allow this?

thanks in advance

ps: i already have the usb wifi connector but the thing is so damn unreliable what with it's constant disconnectings and the fact it only works with my computer on and the heat it generates...

DCEmu Rookie

no, the ds cannot handle WPA, and likely never will without a boost to processing power

DCEmu Newbie

actually it can. there is a guy who used to work on wpa for wii and nds, but nintendo attacked him, now he only does the wii (if he does it at all) and has removed the files. the process involves flashing your ds with the program, not TOO sure on the details. i beleive some are still torrenting it but it may be hard to get hold of.
    if i get hold of it (and if i remember xD) i will try and post some sort of guide.

That was confirmed to be a fake. It was just empty data with a .nds header attached to the front. If you actually flashed it to your DS firmware, your DS would be bricked.

DCEmu Newbie

no WPA.
    that sux

helf me....

DCEmu Newbie

as DanTheMan says, the firmware was fake. WPA is not supported on the DS. If you wanted extra security, you could always use IP filtering though.

I don't like that the DS can't handle WPA. Why?? I want to know why! Can't Nintendo make it possible to connect to a network with WPA encryption? We've a network that's WPA encrypted and I can't connect to it because the DS can't handle the encryption. That's what I think is bad with the DS...

Probably the power WPA requires. They probably didn't want to shorten the battery life more than necessary, and Wifi already sucks up a large amount as it is.

Ok. I didn't know that WPA requires much power. Well, if they make a new DS, then I hope they make it possible to connect to a network that uses WPA encryption. Or maybe if they could make a battery that was 10 times more powerful then the original battery and then, in some kind of way, flash the DS so it can handle WPA!

DCEmu Newbie

No updates, no software... Nothing. It's an issue with the hardware itself. If someone could figure a way to hardmod the WiFi Adapter, we'd have a chance. But that would probably mean losing NiFi (Connect to other DS, Download-Play..etc)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information