Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CaSTaway build 006 - Atari ST Emulator for PSP

Blog Entries

psp CaSTaway build 006 - Atari ST Emulator for PSP

Skeezix let me know on IRC about a new version of his excellent Atari ST Emulator for the PSP, heres the release details:

Get CaSTaway build 006 here:
    http://www.codejedi.com/shadowplan/castaway.html

I've proven it to work on my PSP Slim; I hope it still works on the Fat.

Please let me know if..
    - it works on your Slim
    - it works on your Fat with firmware 3.6 or later
    - it works on your Fat with firmware earlier than 3.6
    - it works on your Fat with 1.5

I am not including a kxploited or firmware-1.0 build in this release, in hopes this new Slim-happy one works on them all.. but we'll have to find out, and I'll adjust my releases as needed. (ie: If I need to include 2 or 3 or 4 builds for different firmwares, I will.)

This release freshens up the emu to my latest codebase and fixes a number of minor issues both in the emu and in the interface, as well as adding some goofy UI effects.

jeff

Edit: Known to work on Fat with 3.52 and 3.71, as well as Slim.

Download and Give Feedback and Compat Reports Via Comments

Sweet, thank you Skeezix. This version seems to runs fine on my fat 3.71 m33-3 PSP

awsome!!!!...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.... ...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!hi?

Nice to know this ace emulator hasn't been totally, permanently abandoned at least!

Although as much as I love the fact it's full-speed, it could do with a couple of fixes, namely:

1) Having a fixed folder to store files in (ATARI_ST) tends to have the side effect of leaving a Corrupt Icon present in the XMB's games list. If only there was a way to hide game folders away from the XMB's beady eyes (I thought Hide Folders would be the solution, but alas no). Alternately, maybe Castaway could use a more traditional file browser function like most emulators?

2) Perhaps it might help if there was an added option which would make it quicker and easier to auto-load disk images in an instant (like a "reset and run" option or something, kinda like in PSPVice). Having to navigate manually around the menu just to get the disk in and the emu reset is a bit difficult on the brain at times, haha.

I don't mean to sound moany, but I might as well mention these ideas before I forget them already. It's ultimately up to Skeezix though.

DCEmu Regular

So is there anything new to this version other than it works on slim PSPs?

DCEmu Regular

Noooo... ATARI_ST is still there

I can make it also detect the Atari-st folder somewhere else, or maybe add a browser. Time is tight as heck nowadays, but keep the ideas coming.

SpacemanSpiff -- mostly a lot of fluff; a new build machine thats more up to to date, fixes to the UI and some changes there, works with Slim, and some fairly specific emulation changes (probably only effect a couple of games.) Still, its been so long I figure it warrants a build bump, just so its on peopels radars.

jeff

DCEmu Regular

Yay!!! Thank you Skeezix!!

Is there a reason why its supplied in two folders?

I placed the eboot from the Castawaypsp folder into the atari_st folder then deleted the Castawaypsp folder. Then just put atari_st into my game folder (I'm on a phat psp with 3.71m33) and the emulator still boots up fine??

It's nice to see this having an update... hopefully this will be something worked on again soon?

You can put the eboot anywhere you like really, since it doesn't directly depend on anything. I did it that way originally in case someone else made an ST emu, we could share disks and such easier :P Rather a moot point.

jeff

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information