Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will there ever be an Nintendo 64 & Sega Dreamcast PSP Emulator ?

DCEmu Newbie

Default Will there ever be an Nintendo 64 & Sega Dreamcast PSP Emulator ?

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????

Dream Coder

no. MAYBE an N64 tech demo. but definetly DEFINETLY never a dreamcast emulator.

DCEmu Newbie

yea and a n64 emulator ever came out itll be a long time before a tech demo comes out let alone how long before they get it in playable condition

DCEmu Newbie

N64 emu will prolly come out within 6 months or so at the rate things are moving (which are pretty fast), and will prolly be able to become faster using both the CPU and GPU within maybe a year. Don't think dreamcast tho.

Sarla... who doesn't love nintendo... the only reason i bought psp was to play SNES. Gamecube was crap but that's about it.

DCEmu Newbie

yea yea dude i feel the same way, i love the classics my sig just repesents Nintendo in the present and most likely future. I mean cmon how much more recycling of old nintendo characters can they do before people realize its the same $#@! over and over and over!!! AHHGHHGHG!!! sry its just really aggrivating how people can still enjoy nintendo. Personally i think its time for some new innovation and this revolution doesnt sound like its gonna have it. i think they need to lean more towards mature gamers rather than damn 8 year old kids b/c i think thats whats really killing them in the compitition. theres my two cents

SaRlA

Now with Blast Processing! Kaiser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

N64-yes working on it
    Dc-doubtful

-please stop asking this question

Dream Coder

I just wrote another response in a thread with similar questioning to this one that I think is pertinant and relevant reading:
    Quote Originally Posted by RabidPuppi
    i dunno the DS does sort of seem to have disturbingly similar processing power to that of the N64...
    only if you have absolutely no concept of what processing power means, and base that solely on the fact that nintendo ported some n64 games to it.

That's like saying the NES and GB had disturbingly similar processing power because they both had Tetris on them. Or saying the PSP is similarly powerful to the PS2, which if anyone tells you that, it's a boldfaced lie.

To explain, the psp can generate similar effects as those on the PS2, but it has to do that on a scale that is between 1/4 and 1/8th the size of what the PS2 does (which is usually 320x240 or 640x480) and that has to be taken greatly into account when thinking of such things.

For some reason that I can only consider to be the fault of Sony brainwashing hype, you all seem to think that the psp is as powerful as(or more powerful than) current generational consoles, and that just isnt true.

Also, I think it ridiculous that you people could think the psp could emulate the dreamcast. You do realize the DC's main processor is 200mhz and in no way close to being compatible with that of the psp, and it's video hardware is vastly advanced compared to that of the PSP (which doesnt even really have video hardware per-se) AND on top of that it has a very complicated sound system.

The only (i repeat) ONLY opensource Dreamcast emulator runs about 5-10 fps on homebrew demos on a 2+Ghz pc.

Yeah. Dreamcast prolly wont be emulated on anything for the next 3 or 4 years. Remember it takes a lot of power to run emu's correctly. I maybe mistaken, but it took a good graphix card and pretty powerful cpu (700mhz plus) just emulate a PSX which was I think 33mhz. So even if this where to hold true for DC you prolly need around like 4.3ghz cpu. If a psp ran that fast it prolly burn your hands. Not only that, YOU NEED STORAGE. I think that the PSP can read up to 1gb memory stix. The DC media was also 1gb. Granted most games didnt fill the disc, but would you want a 800mb file eating up your stick let alone they cost around $100+ a pop. Even if someone got the hands on a umd burner, where would you get the umd's? How much would they cost? It be more cost effective just to buy a DC and crap load of games (for all those who use emulation for what it is). So all in all its really not worth the effort.

I want to learn how to code for PSP. Where do start. rtfm i guess..

why not DC
    people play DC
    people make homebrews for DC
    proffessionals make NEW comercial games for DC!!!

alright a dream cast emulator would never be possible since the speed has to be better by like 10x to get a decent emulation, and as far as an n64 emulator goes the control buttons would suck and it would be as slow hell so don't put ur hopes into dc or n64.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information