Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo DS Emulator for PSP In the works

NGPSP Author

Quote Originally Posted by xuphorz
    doesn't the ds only 67mhz, 4MB ram, and 656KB VRAM?
    seems like the psp could emulate that at around 20fps
    Its 2 cpus, 1 Arm9 at 67mhz, and an arm7 at 33mhz.

Remember, gba emulator runs slow and is only emulating a arm7 17mhz (true that vboy is a very complex emulator to port but ds has alot running in it).

DCEmu Rookie

Talking

doesn't the ds only 67mhz, 4MB ram, and 656KB VRAM?
    seems like the psp could emulate that at around 20fps
    kinda, but the problem is understad how the chipset works, and traslate it to the chipset functions of the psp, and emulate fucntions that the psp chipset dont have predefined, that cost a bunch of cpu procesing, cus predefined functions r made to speed up processor and general stuff, well thats i think im not adeveloper

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by nexis2600
    Its 2 cpus, 1 Arm9 at 67mhz, and an arm7 at 33mhz.

Remember, gba emulator runs slow and is only emulating a arm7 17mhz (true that vboy is a very complex emulator to port but ds has alot running in it).
    ho thats it, agreed

Default Psdsp

Looks very interesting indeed, as for the touch screen, why not use the tumb stick and let that control the touchpad, if all fails I guess you could let the Select button become a MODE SWITCH where you would switch button funtions beteween touchscreen and regular screen controls.
    Good Luck,

Also in the N64, maybe someone could try porting Project 64 or something, there is also PSONE emulation coming in to the scene so a few more months.....

Quote Originally Posted by WSOUNitePirate895
    N64, maybe someone could try porting Project 64 or something, there is also PSONE emulation coming in to the scene so a few more months.....
    i don't think EITHER will ever be fully playable
    the xbox has MUCH higher system specs than psp, but it can't run N64 or PS1 very good at all, so why could the psp?

the xbox has MUCH higher system specs than psp, but it can't run N64 or PS1 very good at all, so why could the psp?
    yes... it can... 800mhz celeron with 32 megs of ram and a decent last generation gpu has proven to easily handel n64 emulation as well as ps1. sureal64 and whatever that playstation emulator is called work just fine for me. The only reason why it isnt as good as the latest releases of pcsx and 1964 is totally due to lack of interest.

DCEmu Newbie

I think SNESAdvance really set the bar as to what can be emulated on what.

If a 16mhz GBA can emulate a 4Mhz SNES @ almost full speed (no sound), then a 333mhz PSP can emulate a 33Mhz PS1 no contest.

Quote Originally Posted by 1timeuser
    yes... it can... 800mhz celeron with 32 megs of ram and a decent last generation gpu has proven to easily handel n64 emulation as well as ps1. sureal64 and whatever that playstation emulator is called work just fine for me. The only reason why it isnt as good as the latest releases of pcsx and 1964 is totally due to lack of interest.
    got specs wrong, xbox is 733mhz, 64mb ram, 32 vram
    you got surreal64 to work goodly?
    how?
    pm me

I'd rather buy a DS and play the games on there.. You kind of need the touchscreen. And besides, the games on the DS are better and I've already got one, except the lack of emulation of course.

DCEmu Newbie

If a 16mhz GBA can emulate a 4Mhz SNES @ almost full speed (no sound), then a 333mhz PSP can emulate a 33Mhz PS1 no contest.
    Mhz ratings aren't everything. You really have to compare the CPUs. Heck, even with x86 an Athlon runs faster than a Pentium 4 at the same mhz rating. Not only that, but emulators aren't simply emulating a CPU, they have to emulate every last detail of the hardware. The atari 2600 only has a 1.19mhz CPU, but requires substantially more horsepower to emulate because the hardware, while not particularly complex, must be also emulated with very precise timing.

The devil is in the details so it's very tough to say what can and can't be done. And even if it can be done, how feasable is it? Will anyone really tackle doing a PS1 emulator in MIPS assembler? The possibility of an n64 emulator is somehwat interesting because they're both running MIPS processors. There might be some way to take advantage of that.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information