Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo DS Emulator for PSP In the works

i have ds too, but i like psp better, cause i can play snes, gb/gbc and nes games on the road. no other system can do this yet

That's pretty much what I said too. I just think the DS's actaul games are better. But the fact of the matter is, if a PSP can play old Nintendo games, then it kicks ass. I'm also looking forward to the Revolution's release. Leave it to Nintendo to bring you quality games with quality options. For instance, the fact that you can download any previous Nintendo game on the revolution is awesome. I'm just glad somebody got emulators on the PSP so we can enjoy these great games wirelessly

Dream Coder

Quote Originally Posted by xuphorz
    doesn't the ds only 67mhz, 4MB ram, and 656KB VRAM?
    seems like the psp could emulate that at around 20fps
    yea, because that's the way it works you know... the clock speed is lower so of course it is emulatable. Yes, everyone always says you know, start small and get more optimized like ps1 emulators, but it doesnt work that way. maybe maybe using lots of hardware tricks and crazy stuff you might get close to 15fps, whereas something like ps1 uses a SIMILAR PROCESSOR, which is also a reason why there is hope for something like saturn on the dreamcast.

oh also xuphorz, the NDS has each of the three emulators you mentioned in your above post... as well as the ability to play gba games

while i'm at it might as well mention that the gba, the gp32 and the ngage can also do what you mentioned (as well as most of the less popular phones and other handhelds like the zodiac).

Blog Entries

its confimed fake, but i did say that in my newspost anyway.

this discussion does make u wonder if a ds emu would be possible

Dream Coder

think about something like DC emulation on the PS2 and that gives you your answer. No matter what sony says, the psp is by no mean that much faster than the DS to emulate it at any speed.

Quote Originally Posted by wraggster
    its confimed fake, but i did say that in my newspost anyway.

this discussion does make u wonder if a ds emu would be possible
    it is i'd think
    where did you get this from anyway?
    don't trust anything from that website

i dunno the DS does sort of seem to have disturbingly similar processing power to that of the N64... who thinks an N64 emulator might be possible? im not really sure, but if you could get that running than i would suspect the DS could be emulated as well

Hmm with so many points and idea's but I think the facts that were hit on the head make it clear. MHZ does not mean Power. Amd to Intel is a good compairison but get a few more ppl going and we would have a computer section then and it would further complicate it. (M4eaning the Intel vs AMD war lol kind of like Apple vs Microsoft)

I do think when the GPU on the PSP is able to be fully used PS1 would be a possiblilty but not DS. Its CPU's are not the issue, its the rest of the hardware and Touch Screen makes all the difference. (But since this is already fake thats a mute point). However N64 on the XBOX would work fine if the time would be taken to complete it. The XBOX has the ability just no interest as it was pointed out in the N64 arena (kind of like the Sega Saturn EMU for PC even.. it just never seems to get to far along the last best thing was Cassini, and while I still run it its...horrible on sound and other problems).

Anyway while I am sorry to see this was a hoax. I hope that future EMUs and those in the works already continue. When the GPU is fully understood I think all our EMU's will see some great progress beyond what we expect.

Dream Coder

Quote Originally Posted by RabidPuppi
    i dunno the DS does sort of seem to have disturbingly similar processing power to that of the N64...
    only if you have absolutely no concept of what processing power means, and base that solely on the fact that nintendo ported some n64 games to it.

That's like saying the NES and GB had disturbingly similar processing power because they both had Tetris on them. Or saying the PSP is similarly powerful to the PS2, which if anyone tells you that, it's a boldfaced lie.

To explain, the psp can generate similar effects as those on the PS2, but it has to do that on a scale that is between 1/4 and 1/8th the size of what the PS2 does (which is usually 320x240 or 640x480) and that has to be taken greatly into account when thinking of such things.

For some reason that I can only consider to be the fault of Sony brainwashing hype, you all seem to think that the psp is as powerful as(or more powerful than) current generational consoles, and that just isnt true.

It produces similar quality effects and thats all anyone cares about.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information