Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo DS Emulator for PSP In the works

Blog Entries

Default Nintendo DS Emulator for PSP In the works

A group are working on a Nintendo DS Emulator for the PSP called iDeaSp, heres the latest news from them:

Thats right decided to reveal that we are working on a Nintendo DS emulator for the psp. It is a port of the current build of iDeaS emulator for the Pc . As stated before this release is no where near finished and wont be for a while. It is currently running at about 4 fps and no sound it only runs a few demos and metroid intro and there is currently no controls. More on the 25th August.

This was also added

We thought that we might update the progress of this emulator To start off with in my original post i stated that it was running at 15fps this is not the case i meant to say 1-5fps not 15 . The emulator now has a battery metre and fps counter in the right place and is now running the battleship demo for DS.

Some screens

What do you think ?

exciting news i guess in a way, but so many ds games are reliant on the touchscreen... wouldn't they be rendered useless on a psp?

very interesting, not sure it will ever run good enough to play anyway but interesting nonetheless.

i'm worried about the touch screen

DCEmu Newbie

I suppose that they would use the analog nub accompanied by a cursor to simulate the stylus, but what button would you 'tap' with? The PSP has the exact same amount of face and shoulder buttons as the DS, leaving it quite difficult to designate a button to acting as a styuls tap.

Another issue is the microphone. some games like Wario Ware: Touched and Feel the Magic use the microphone for certain minigames. Since the PSP has no such kind of input, it would be difficult to simulate.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiser
    I suppose that they would use the analog nub accompanied by a cursor to simulate the stylus, but what button would you 'tap' with? The PSP has the exact same amount of face and shoulder buttons as the DS, leaving it quite difficult to designate a button to acting as a styuls tap.

Another issue is the microphone. some games like Wario Ware: Touched and Feel the Magic use the microphone for certain minigames. Since the PSP has no such kind of input, it would be difficult to simulate.
    i thought they were making a microphone for psp. maybe i wrong tho

analog probly would be the sytlus acting thing, but 2 problems:
    1) what you said
    2) not NEARLY as fast as a touch screen, so games like WarioWare probly just won't be playabel, even with a microphone

Well if they can get a DS emulator to work on the psp couldnt they make a n64 one even easier?

looks fake. This is probably stupid pspupdates crap so dont even bother with it.

JcBoyCool: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! thats like a n64 port on a dreamcast or even ps2. its utterly impossible to get a n64 emulator (worthy of playing games at a worthy speed) on such a weak machine. As DS's hardware is much more complexed I can garentee you this is a fake. some one should lock and delete this topic. (no offence wraggy)

Ohh yeah i'm sure psp can't have a port of Open Source DS emulator at 4 frames *rolls eyes*

Quote Originally Posted by CannedSoup
    Ohh yeah i'm sure psp can't have a port of Open Source DS emulator at 4 frames *rolls eyes*
    doesn't the ds only 67mhz, 4MB ram, and 656KB VRAM?
    seems like the psp could emulate that at around 20fps

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information