Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pandora's Battery Question

Default Pandora's Battery Question

Hey guys, I recently made a Pandora's Battery and was wondering how I can convert it so that instead of downgrading PSPs to1.5, it converts them straight to 3.71 M33-3. I want this so I can give my friends CFW easy and also to downgrade slim PSPs. Thanks.

Well just use the newest version of Despertar Cementerio. Which is Despertar_cementerio3 ( Pandora 3 ). It will directly update your PSP to 3.71M33-2 through Pandora. So until they release an updated version you'll need to update the PSP to 3.71M33-3 through the XMB with the updater. You will need to do the same with the V.2 1.50 Add-on.

That's your safest and best bet but you could look into all those unofficial release that supposedly add more options and features.

Here I'll upload everything you need..

just to make it clear V3NOM, cause I was wondering the exact same thing

despertar del cementerio v3 tells me a bunch of things, and at two parts the readme says, skip this step if you have a pandora battery and MS already.

will it be ok if i just do these

- Copy despertar_cementerio to PSP/GAME/

then skip the msipl.bin creation as there is one already on the MS and it says it's the same

- Put 371.PBP on root and not the 1.50 and 3.40 as they were used to create the already existing msipl.bin

Also, should I delete the pandora_battery and pandora_battery% folders, as I don't know if they'll try to load instead of despertar_cementerio

Is that It, or do I have to do something else??

Well part of that readme is just a tutorial on how to set up a Pandora Battery and Memory Stick. Once those are created you will no longer need to "re-due" or update those.

What you do update is Despertar Cementerio which is essentially the Pandora program you see when you start up the PSP. ( It sets up everything for you ) This means that yes you may delete any older versions as this one is just an update to those already existing. The latest version will install 3.71M33-2. So if you want to be on 3.71M33-3 you will need to put 3.71M33-3 update on and run it from the XMB. You'll have to do the same process if you want to have the 1.5 kernel add-on.

Now those pandora_battery folders you have are just the program to create a Pandora Battery. I would recommend keeping them if you want to make another one someday. But no, they do not need to be on your Memory Stick as they have no other purpose. ( In layman's terms- Just go ahead and delete them if they are bothering you )

Also I would recommend keeping the 1.5, 3.40, 3.71 official updater eboots in the root of your Memory Stick. Run Despertar Cementerio as it will take what it needs and basicaly set everything up for you. After that you can remove everything except the 3.71 eboot. Now the 1.5 eboot would be a good thing to keep on there in case you would like to downgrade back to 1.5 someday.

If you need more help just drop me by an IM on MSN. Oh yeah and the readme ( Although I understand it being a little confusing and hard to sort out ) does pretty much tell you everything you need to do. Use it as a guide if you run into any problems or have any questions.

Okay, so I take my magic memory stick, put the official 1.5, 3.40, and 3.71 PBPs & all of the Despertar Cementerio files on itand thats all? Or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by eddieh4444 View Post
    Okay, so I take my magic memory stick, put the official 1.5, 3.40, and 3.71 PBPs & all of the Despertar Cementerio files on itand thats all? Or am I missing something?
    you still need to run it from XMB under game it will then install all the despetar files, be sure to leave 3.71.pbp on stick cos it needs it for the m33 install.

^ I'm not sure you understood exactly what I am asking. I already have the Pandora's Battery made. I just want to know exactly what I need to do to convert it to install a CFW (3.71 M33) instead of just regular 1.50. V3nom can you answer my question? Thanks.

Just install all those files I uploaded and your set! Pay attention to the readme's do as they say. This should set up everything the way you want.

So I don't need to download any official upgrades? I just put the Despertar Cementerio files into PSP\Game? Thanks so much for your help. + REP

Quote Originally Posted by eddieh4444 View Post
    So I don't need to download any official upgrades? I just put the Despertar Cementerio files into PSP\Game? Thanks so much for your help. + REP
    Well yes you will need to put the official Sony updates 1.5, 3.40, 3.71 into the root of your memory card. After you run Despertar Cementerio it will extract everything it needs. You can then delete the 1.5 and 3.40 PBPs if you wish ( Although I recommend keeping the 1.5PBP on there for future use.. ) BUT make sure you keep 3.71PBP on there it is used for downgrading any PSP back to normal 3.71 and is also used in the installation for 3.71M33.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information