Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Version 2.00 Firmware being released on July 27th!

Now with Blast Processing! Kaiser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

2.00 doesn't have enough features to make me give up my homebrew. Even if new games only work for 2.00 I'll stick with my 1.5.

DCEmu Newbie

I want a web-browser bad for my psp but don't wanna give up 1.5 think they will be able to hack 2.0 for homebrew too or think it will have full proof security this time. Would be cool if someone completely redid psp OS like they have done with xbox.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by mattsoler
    think it will have full proof security this time.
    There is no such thing. It may close some of the existing loopholes, but if someone is willing to spend the time, pretty much anything is crackable.

Thumbs down Sony

i wont be upgrading my firmware till sony pulls there heads out of there butts, or makes a keyboard... lol....

edit- sony thinks people will either buy 2 psp's or upgrade to play new games...

i dont get they they hate "home brew" their freaking bastards, i mean, their laptops can play homebrew wtf!!!

edit- im getting a red psp next year

edit- this thread isnt very populaur now is it?

Is this update worth it? hmmmm lets think..... Lose thousands if not millions of games to play with homebrew plus lose the loaders that load current generation games for a web browser? hmmmmmm HELL NO.

Cool

It's gonna be interesting to see how this plays out. I think this update is much more ripe for hacking than 1.51 or 1.52 was. While it would be nice to do the whole "web-browsing" thing from my PSP it's not that big of a deal for me personally. But once the fall comes there are alot of games I'm going to "have-to" have. Eventually I probably will be forced to dig deep in my pockets or sacrifice the EMU/Homebrews. Odds are when/if that day comes I will get another unit... I sure hope the price drops for Christmas

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Odie
    There is no such thing. It may close some of the existing loopholes, but if someone is willing to spend the time, pretty much anything is crackable.
    Thats the thing, if the loopholes are removed you're probably not cracking the 128 bit AES encryption algorithm. The same algorithm the US Government uses to encrypt its most classified documents.

AES is the result of a worldwide call for submissions of encryption algorithms issued by the US Government's National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) in 1997 and completed in 2000.

However, yes it is still possible. Just extremely unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by mattsoler
    Thats the thing, if the loopholes are removed you're probably not cracking the 128 bit AES encryption algorithm. The same algorithm the US Government uses to encrypt its most classified documents.

AES is the result of a worldwide call for submissions of encryption algorithms issued by the US Government's National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) in 1997 and completed in 2000.

However, yes it is still possible. Just extremely unlikely.
    tis true... sad but true

Ya know, if this update supported Flash and sound other than that stupid beat in wipeout then I'd do it, flash games kick ass.

By the way will we be able to view videos online with it or not? ya know like Quicktime.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information