Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with Popstation Gui

DCEmu Newbie

Default Help with Popstation Gui

All the games the PS1 games I have tried to convert so far for PSP (apart from earthworm jim 2) come up with an image ofn a disc and an excalmation mark sometime in the game. Medievil 1 when I try to go into the Hiltop Masaleum (can't spell) the disc symbol comes up and it won't continue. MedEvil 2 doesn't get past the loading screen. I am using Popstation Gui V1.2 and I am using Magic ISO to convert the PS1 games into BIN files. (By the way what are cue files? when I converted medievil there was a 300mb bin file and a tiny cue file about 1kb big).

the cue file is used in some software and it just tells the software what to do its like a set of instructions for the software, as for your converting problem/playing problem what firmware are you on you may need to use the popsloader plugins.

DCEmu Newbie

3.40OE. If I try to convert to ISO with that program it says that I have to choose a track to convert. So I converted it to Bin instead. Would that make any difference?

It should'nt make a difference are the games what are called mixed mode cd's meaning they audio is not embedded in the game they are seperate tracks on the game disk cos this can cause problems if they are i would recommend using a program called cdrwin from golden hawk technology it rips mixed mode direct to iso so converting via popstation is much easier.

DCEmu Newbie

Ok but will that sort out the problem? I don't know if they are mixed mode. They are just PAL PS1 CDs. (MediEvil, MediEvil 2 and Earthworm Jim 2).

you can by popping them in the pc and opening the disc on screen if they are mixed mode you will a the music tracks on screen or they might be i a folder named music or tracks or similar, if that is the problem it will most likely sort the problem out cos when you use magic iso it not actually reading the disc it is just popping all the contents into an iso file whereas cdrwin does something different i dont know what but it works its all i use to rip my ps1 disc to psp.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by hodgy47 View Post
    you can by popping them in the pc and opening the disc on screen if they are mixed mode you will a the music tracks on screen or they might be i a folder named music or tracks or similar, if that is the problem it will most likely sort the problem out cos when you use magic iso it not actually reading the disc it is just popping all the contents into an iso file whereas cdrwin does something different i dont know what but it works its all i use to rip my ps1 disc to psp.
    They are mixed then. I can play the Earthworm Jim 2 music and see the MediEvil 1 & 2 cutscenes(I can't play them but they are named intro outro ect.) If it doesn't work I shall post again or edit this post.

BTW:EDIT: In the cdrwin do you have to type the file extension at the end of the name (example: medievil.iso).

Quote Originally Posted by evilguy12 View Post
    BTW:EDIT: In the cdrwin do you have to type the file extension at the end of the name (example: medievil.iso).
    No it does it for you

DCEmu Newbie

Oh. the first time i tried it nothing happened. I did again by typing the .iso extentsion and then it worked. Do you need to the cue file inable for it work? It still has one when it is an iso file.

no you dont the cue file its only needed if burning a disc through cdrwin you can safely delete it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information